[Resolved] Sections with HTML editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections with HTML editor

Home Forums Support Sections with HTML editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul

How can I create a section when using only the HTML editor (and no add-on’s)? I understand how the Unsemantic grid can be used but anything like this:

<div class="grid-container">
       <div class="grid-100">
          <div class="test">Some content here, like a sentence.</div>
       </div>
    </div>

is automatically padded inside the main content div. Happy to add classes to my child theme, I could just do with a few pointers.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Paul,

In the new version of GP (1.3.33) there’s a new metabox called “Page Builder Integration” with an option that says “Full Width Content”.

If you check that option, it should allow you to add full width sections inside your content.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Paul

Hi Tom,

I see ticking that option forces the main content to span fully but, I was looking to create sections which span the full width of that main content area as opposed to adjusting it’s width – the same way the Sections add-on allows.

So if I create one Section and set it’s background to black for example, that background applies across 100% of the width of the main content area (including when it’s ‘contained’). But if I do the same for the ‘test’ div in that snippet above, the background only applies to that cell.

I don’t know whether I maybe need to create a div before grid-container (to act as a section)? With other grids I’ve used doing something like that would break the grid.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah I gotcha.

Do you have our Simple CSS plugin? If not, get it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Then on that page, find the Simple CSS metabox and add this:

.separate-containers .inside-article {
        padding: 0;
    }

So on that page, the padding will be removed and you’re free to add your HTML sections πŸ™‚

Paul

Ok yeah that works. I add my own specific divs inside of that.

Thanks for your help πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.