[Resolved] Sections previously defined have disappeared from page editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections previously defined have disappeared from page editor

Home Forums Support Sections previously defined have disappeared from page editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jon

I have been working with sections for a while. I went into the page editor to edit a section, and the section is not there on the editor. “Use Sections” is enabled, but the previously defined sections are gone.

When the “Use Sections” is toggled off, the code for the page appears. When the “Use Sections” is toggled back on, the sections still do not appear. Interesting to note that when the “Use Sections” is toggled off, the code & text appear for the page but the settings that affect the styling (background color, text color, etc) are gone.

I was working on the site this afternoon, uploading images, changing content, etc. No new plug-ins were installed. Tonight I logged in as admin to continue work, but the sections disappeared.

I have signed off, signed back in with a different browser, disabled nearly all plug-ins, but nothing seems to work. This previous ticket: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sections-disappeared-sections-missing-update-did-not-fix/ comes close to describing the same problem, but I could see no resolution on the ticket.

Wordpress: 4.9.4
    GeneratePress: 2.0.2
    GP Premium: 1.5.6

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sounds super strange – any chance you can send me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Thanks!

Jon

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much.

I sent the creds and the log-in details via e-mail to Support@GeneratePress.com.

Jon

Jon

I just sent a second e-mail containing screen shots of the Edit Page for the “Home” page. One screen shot is with sections present, the other where they are missing.

Hope this helps.

Jon

RESOLVED!

On top of page, under “Screen Options” are two boxes. One says “Sections”, the other “Use Sections”. Both need to be checked.

But here’s the gotcha. Checking the boxes may not cause the sections to automatically appear. Check both boxes, get out of the page, then reload the page in the editor again. The boxes should be checked when the page loads in the editor.

I have no idea how the boxes got unchecked in screen options, or why there are even two boxes for Sections. But that resolved the problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we got it sorted! Thanks for updating the topic 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.