Today I discovered with Yoast enabled I can no longer view sections from the editor.
The site continues to function absolutely fine from a front end point of view, all the content is visible and as it should be, but when I go to edit the page there is nothing listed under sections. Ticking and un-ticking use sections made no difference. Placing my CDN in development mode also made no difference.
To cut a long story short I store my WordPress in GitHub, and have vendor/ on my .gitignore. I recently had to restore from the version in git, meaning I had to manually re-add the vendor folders for all my plugins.
Turns out I didn’t realise there’s a vendor folder in wp-include/js/dist which was missing from my live site, breaking the Yoast rendering.