[Resolved] Sections Add-On

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections Add-On

Home Forums Support Sections Add-On

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Alejandra Arango

Hi Tom!

I have been waiting for the release, is it ready?

Sections and side bar will be awesome!

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not yet.

To activate sidebars with the Sections, see this post: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sections-add-on/page/2/#post-153836

Alejandra Arango

I have tried adding that code inside php, inside every page by adding tags, using code snippets’ plugin… but still doesn’t work

Is there a special way to insert the code?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Should work using these instructions: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

Then if the page is set to have a sidebar, it should display.

Make sure you’re using the latest version.

Alejandra Arango

Still doesn’t work :'(

I have latest version of every plugin or theme and side bar widget selected for that page

I installed Simple PHP and also tried in Code Snippets

Krzysztof

@aleharu For me sidebars in sections works.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just confirmed that it’s working on this end as well.

Jeroen

Hi Tom,

Sorry to bother you with this… I think it is very ieasy but I miss something πŸ™‚

Just recently started playing with your theme (locally for now) and full GP Premium and now working on sections as well. I as well try to get a right side menu and have seen this topic where you mention you can activate sidemenus by using this code:

add_filter( 'generate_sections_sidebars','generate_enable_sections_sidebars' ); function generate_enable_sections_sidebars() { return true; }

I am sorry to ask but I have no idea where to put this code to get it activated. I tried it in GP hooks but no succes.

“issue” I have at the moment is that when creating a post sections set to off, I am able to make changes to the sidebar layout section but that functionality (menu) disappears when activating sections.

“EDIT”
    Maybe it helps if you have the version of the theme and plugins I am using now:
    1. theme is version: 1.3.28
    2. plugins are version: 1.2.81

PS. I really do like your theme and plugins up to now! Although I think it will take some time before i have seen everything that is possible as it is that much in the apckage you get πŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jeroen.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Glad you’re enjoying the theme!

You can add that code using the instructions found here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Jeroen

Hi Tom,

Nope it is working perfect now that I have manually added a plugin. Thanks for the fast response!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Nicholas

Hi Tom,

Two suggestions about having a sidebar with sections.
    1- Like on a posts page the posts list goes across the screen until the sidebar.
    2- Like in the Lightweight column widget you can select ‘last in row’. I suggest in the sections that you put an option to tick ‘last section’ so you can have some pretty sections at the top then have posts and sidebar below the sections on the same page.
    NickBlog post list example with sidebar
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwF3AJXg6PFhWlNtb25xX1NQVEk/view?usp=sharing

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. That looks like there’s no content/widget padding causing the two to touch.

2. So you’re wanting Sections on top, and then regular content/sidebar below them?

Nicholas

2- yes please. Similar to how some sites have a landing mat and then scrolling down to the regular content.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, been thinking about this – not sure it’s possible with the way Sections work.

You can place one section above your blog post using the Page Header add-on, but that’s the limit right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.