[Resolved] Secondary Navigation Hook Linked to Smooth Scroll Anchor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Secondary Navigation Hook Linked to Smooth Scroll Anchor

Home Forums Support Secondary Navigation Hook Linked to Smooth Scroll Anchor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael

I have created a block hook element that is a button (titled Quick Picks). I hooked this button in the secondary navigation using the hook “generate_inside_secondary_navigation”. It displays fine but there are two things that I haven’t been able to figure out.

Item One
    My secondary navigation is left-aligned but when I make the button appear, it aligns the navigation to the right and aligns the button to the left. I would like the navigation to remain left-aligned and locate the button to the right.

Item Two
    I want to link this button to an anchor and would like to use the smooth-scroll class on the button so there is a nice smooth transition but I don’t see any obvious way to do it.

I’ve included the site URL and credentials if you need to access. Thanks much!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael,

For issue 1, try this CSS:

.gb-button-wrapper.gb-button-wrapper-4d66f3dc {
        order: 2;
    }
    .secondary-navigation .main-nav {
        margin-right: auto;
    }

For issue2, go to the block element, add this class to the button: smooth-scroll.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/z1YbjPzxIrJl

Let me know 🙂

Michael

Hi Ying. Well, we’re getting closer. See below…

Issue 1
    I applied the CSS in the Customizer and it did change the order but not enough. See the link to the image in the private window.

Issue 2
    I tried the fix that you suggested prior to posting the ticket but that didn’t seem to perform the smooth scroll when applied. The movement is very abrupt behaving like a default link. If you go the the secondary navigation, I created a link within the menu itself called Quick Links with the smooth-scroll applied and it behaves as expected. But the button I placed with the hook doesn’t seem to take to the smooth-scroll.

Thanks so much.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

For issue 1, edited CSS here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/secondary-navigation-hook-linked-to-smooth-scroll-anchor/#post-1664858

For issue 2, make sure thesmooth-scroll class is applied to the Button itself, not the Buttons block 😛

Michael

Gotcha! That button tripped me up! 😛

Both fixes worked great. Thanks again Ying!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.