[Resolved] Second navbar VS Submenu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Second navbar VS Submenu

Home Forums Support Second navbar VS Submenu

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien

Hi,

My question is about SEO / Schema.markup.

I use a menu that own a submenu of 6 items: I display this menu in my entire website because it is into the main nav bar (that is a normal case).

the 6 items of my submenu are pages (child pages). Into these 6 pages only I use a Second navbar that contains a menu composed of these 6 items (to help my front user to understand they can navigate into these 6 items).

The question is, I’ve noticed that the second nav bar is built as <nav itemtype="http://schema.org/SiteNavigationElement"> . Then I guess it is used as markup for SEO.
    I’ve compared with my submenu which is also built into a <nav id=site-navigation> but I don’t see any reference to http://schema.org/SiteNavigationElement&#8221; ….

I was thinking of replacing my second nav bar, but now I have the impress it is important as it is used for SEO right?
    Can you explain this point please?

Also, if I use SEO plugin as The SEO Framework or Markup (JSON-LD) structured in schema.org, does this point is still important?

Is is recommanded to desactivate any markup done by GP is using this plugin? If yes, could you say me how to.

thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the schema markup is only applied to the Primary and Secondary navigation parent elements ( as well as the Mobile Header).

From an SEO perspective, if a menu item is really important to your site then it should be visible at all times or at least easily navigable.
    For example: having menu items in a visible secondary nav would be better as opposed to ‘hidden’ in a dropdown submenu.
    This is mainly dictated by user activity – if they can see it and its of relevance they’re more likely to click it.

The schema that GP uses is mostly structural such as the SiteNavigation or WPHeader.
    The markup you would add with your SEO or Markup plugin would be for Content. So there is no need to disable all of the GP schema, but like most of GP it can be filtered if you wanted to change or remove specific schema.

Sebastien

Thanks David,

Your answer is very clear.
    My idea to remove a second nav bar and to replace it by a custom html content was not good at all.

Any eta for GP Prenium new release ? days, weeks, month? the last font icon with woocommerce makes me so sad xD

byeeee

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    Woo icons won’t come for another few updates, so more likely a month away 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.