Home Forums Support Renew?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Syed

Hi,

I purchased generate press premium about a year ago, but I got a message saying to renew.

I will renew as I have been very happy with generate press so far, I have a lot of plans for my website in the future so I hope Tom keeps up his development and continues to make more features. I like that everything is easy to use.

But I would just like to know what it is I paid for last year? I thought it was a one time fee, and I hope to get a discount every year as it could add up over many years.

May I ask how does the eCommerce thing work in terms of billing? Is it paypal, does generate press take a surcharge etc?

Thank you,

(Site is youtube based, have years and years of work left to do)

http://www.syedinstitute.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Glad you’re enjoying the theme. We’re in it for a long time! πŸ™‚

You initially paid for access to GP Premium, and one year of updates/premium support.

Once the year is up, you have the choice to renew your license key with a 40% discount, which gives you another year of updates and premium support.

You can learn how to renew here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/renewing-license-keys/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Max

Hi there!

I checked the threads for this topic and ended up here.
    An additional question: I plan on renewing my license but became a bit confused over the past year: First I thought the renewal discount would be applied to the initial price I paid (around 40$) for GP Premium. Then I read the threads and it seems like it will be applied to the current price which is around 50$. Disregarding discounts – does that mean the price for renewals might go up if the overal purchase price rises as well?

Best wishes!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

There isn’t a set price for renewals, there’s a 40% discount. That discount works like any other discount, meaning it’s applied to your cart during checkout.

That being said, we’re happy with the $49.95 price of GP Premium, and will likely not be changing it any time soon.

Let me know if you have any other questions πŸ™‚

Giedrius

I’m disappointed. First of all. When I bought the last yer it was written, that is fol LIFETIME!!! Now I need to pay you additionally? It’s bad. I’ll write down a review on you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am sorry to hear you feel that way.
    The plugin itself will continue to work forever even if you don’t renew.
    But we are very clear on our pricing and what that includes on our website:

https://generatepress.com/premium/

We do not claim that the purchase includes lifetime updates and support.
    If there is something you read that was misleading and you are able to link us to that then we will be happy to review.

Giedrius

What do you suggest? I need to go to my clients ant tell them, than guys, from GP decided to make more money and now you’ll need to PAY! What is updates? Updates of GP-Premium? – I’ll tell you, when I bought it, it was said, that you can use your premium code with all the websites you wont. And it’s forever. WE ALWAYS BE FREE…. Now it’s not.
    Sorry… it’s disappointing. I was looking for new website solution, but I’ll take Jupiter theme. At least I will be secure – they are under Envato. Not just guys by themselves. What will be next year? 1000 EU? For renew and 20% discount?
    Crazy…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As i said above – the plugin you can use forever. It does not require an active license for you to continue using it and you can install it on unlimited sites. When your license expires it will continue working as usual.

We provide the option for renewals at a very generous discount to provide continued support and updates. The 40% discount has been in place for many years and there are no plans for this to change. And last year was the first time in over 3 years that the price was increased.

Our policy is no different to the vast majority of good theme developers – aside of those on Envato who sell single site licenses that include 6 months of support for more money then we charge for unlimited site licenses and 12 months support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Feel free to shoot me an email directly: support@generatepress.com

Would like to learn more about where the initial lifetime confusion came from and what we can do to improve. I’m sure we can work something out πŸ™‚

Max

Hi there!

While I also remember reading something about lifetime support somewhere I could not not say where exactly this was stated. Nonetheless I am completely happy with the support whose extent outreaches the usual kind by far and I’m not even writing about the according ticket response time.
    With that said I will glady extend the premium license. Keep it up guys!

Best wishes

Giedrius

Thank you Tom, Max to putting me back. I hope this conversation, this topic – will help somebody else who just searching, reading or afraid to write you with the errors in english like I do.
    Thanks Max again for not leaving me alone, because I started to think that I’m schizophrenic.
    I was searching where I was reading about lifetime. Now, maybe it’s jus disappeared? :))) I didn’t get any invoice. Nothing.
    What I’m talking about – about security.
    Now it’s clearly (not clearly, and not normally written). On your website there is no “pricing” menu. You are selling to all the world. I don’t know how it’s in US, but in EU it’s impossible without real contacts, terms of conditions, GDPR etc…

It’s not about the money. It’s about security. Can I trust you, that you will go step by step with WP updates? That the price next year jump to Trumps tower or you build the wall to rest of the world. :))) (joke)

It’s nothing to do with your amazing job and product. It’s powerful it’s customizing – I love it. With this theme I created the main website of Pope’s visit in Lithuania. Now it’s just archives, but the journalists all over the world was saying – the best and fastest communication (web) on Popes visits – ever! So, thank you!

P.S. Tom, thankyou for your attention. It’s a long letter, so I’m not so sure I need to send it just to you. To you I’m sending may best greetings and respect. Today – the Generate Press – the BEST!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I suppose that worry is there with any sort of service-based product. Prices go up, people change (and sometimes remove) renewal discounts etc..

That being said, my users are incredibly important to me. I’m never going to do anything that’s unfair to them. No matter what we do, we will always make sure it’s done fairly.

I’m not too sure what you mean about a pricing menu? All of our pricing stuff is on the premium page here: https://generatepress.com/premium

I’m sorry for any confusion! Don’t worry about prices going crazy and pricing everyone out of updates etc.. That’s not going to happen.

Glad you’re enjoying the theme! πŸ™‚

Giedrius

And DAVID!!! He was the one who landed may “angry plane” down.
    I hope, I hope, I hope – you will develop the GP. You are super customer supporter. Even like idiots and angry birds like me :)))

Ender

I do not understand the problem. GP is one of the best themes ever. And in addition there is this very friendly and sympathetic service on this forum. I am very excited about you guys and will support you as long as possible.

Also Tom:
    This plugin https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/ is the hottest thing I’ve been looking for. You should do more advertising for it. Maybe offer a bundle package for GP members.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Glad you’re enjoying WPSP as well, we have some cool plans for it πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.