[Resolved] Remove Page Header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Remove Page Header

Home Forums Support Remove Page Header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Cassandra Teo

Hi Tom,

How do I remove the header from the pages? I’ve tried a couple of classes but they don’t seem to work.

Eg: .page-header {display: none;}

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This should do it:

.site-header {display:none;}

Tom

Cassandra Teo

That one removes the main header with the logo. I was referring to the page titles. Sorry.

Ross Robson

Hi Cassandra install the plugin toggle the title and you can choose whether to show or hide the page title at each page and i think the code below is the code to remove the white gap where the title would be.

Enter it in the custom css part

.page-content, .entry-content, .entry-summary {
    margin: 0 !important;
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Gotcha! Something like this should work:

.entry-header {display:none;}
    .entry-content {margin-top:0}

You can also use our Disable Elements addon to disable the title on specific pages while keeping it on others.

Tom

Mary Hickman

Hi Tom I am using the Disable Elements and attempting to disable the title and it doesn’t work on any pages. Is it the word HEADER I am clicking to remove? What would make this still leave HOME, ABOUT US etc on the text area?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That would be the “Headline”.

If you check that box it will remove the HOME, ABOUT etc.. from the page.

Tom

Janni B.

I have purchased all of the plugins for GeneratePress and am trying to use this theme, but it’s giving me a major headache trying to hide the Title “Home” (because I am using the Home page as a static front page.) I’ve tried using plugins to no avail (and have deactivated and deleted all of them when they didn’t work.) Your “Disable Elements” plugin that I bought… I had HOPED it would have the title as one of the elements, but it doesn’t. It only offers me “Header, Navigation, Headline” and “Footer.” And if I select any of those and click “update” to save the page – it reverts back to being de-selected. It’s maddening. Help????

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Janni,

“Headline” is the option you’re looking for.

If the checkbox isn’t saving, the problem is most likely that the page used to have a page template with an old theme. Now that the theme has changed, and the page template no longer exists, WordPress is ignoring the saved values.

To verify this, try creating a new page and selecting the option. If it saves, that’s your problem.

The solution is to create a new page that’s identical to your homepage, but a “fresh start”. Then delete the old homepage.

Let me know if this helps,
    Tom

Janni B.

Tom, you are officially my hero for the day! Thank you! I created a duplicate page, named it “Home 2” (lol) and set the static page as that – it saved perfectly when I selected “Headline” from the Disable Elements box. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! That title was making me a bit nutters. ๐Ÿ˜›

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Happy I could help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom

Janni B.

It has now made my navigational menu a bit wonky though – “Home” is showing at the end of the menu – how do I put it back to the start where it was before?

Janni B.

I might also add that I ended up deleting the original Home page and re-naming this one “Home” (instead of Home 2) so it would look right in the Navigation. But with it sitting at the far right side now, it looks a bit strange. LOL!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Go to “Appearance > Menus” and drag your “Home” item to the start of the menu.

More info on using Menus here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

Tom

Janni B.

Yeah, I had tried that, but it wouldn’t do anything. I ended up just making a custom menu instead – seemed to be the only way to make it “stick.” Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.