[Resolved] Redirect of my site to an unknown website

Home Forums Support Redirect of my site to an unknown website

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Max

Hi there,

I created a new WordPress site some days ago with GP Premium on a hand registered domain. Now I checked my website on MOZ and it says this: “You entered the URL (my site) which redirects to (unknown site that I don’t own). Click here to analyze (unknown site) instead.”

I don’t know if it is related to Generate Press but would just be extremely thankful for some help. I am a beginner and seeing this redirect I never placed on my site made me very worried now. Can it be that my site got hacked when it is only online since less than one week?

Thanks in advance,
    Max

David Customer Support

Hi there,

if i do the SEO check on MOZ then i just get this message:

Bummer! No data found for this domain
    Try another search or see data for one of the domains below.

Which just means there isn’t any data it can mine

Max

I did the check on the MOZ Pro Link Research tool where I got the message of the redirect. Could it be that it gives me wrong results due to not having enough data yet?

Marcel

Hello. I think the previous owner redirected this website to another one. I suppose you still use the same hosting where the previous owner used it, am I right? My advice would be to take your own hosting, change the DNSs and have a fresh install.

Max

Thank you for the reply! I hand registered domain and bought hosting myself so it is rather weird but I will text my hosting provider then, maybe they can help.

Marcel

Max, go to your cPanel and check if you have any redirects there. If you have, you can change them or delete them. Image attached:
    04.23.2020-19.18.54

Max

Thanks for the idea but there is no redirects in my c panel. I actually think it might really be MOZ showing wrong data somehow.

Marcel

Aaah, okay. Now I realised you are talking about what Moz shows you…Haha, don’t worry about. I thought your website is redirected to another website without your permission. It is possible as MOZ to show an older report, it should be fine later if you allow search engines to find your website.
    Good luck with your project.

Tom Lead Developer

Hey Max,

Looks like you set this to resolved – is it working now?

Max

Hey Tom,

Yes MOZ replied me now that they don’t update that data all the time, sometimes every 3 months only so it is likely that the domain was owned once and MOZ still shows the redirect from back then. They say it won’t show anymore after their next update.

Thank you for the great support! Especially since this issue wasn’t directly related to Generate Press I can see now.

I really like working with your theme!

Tom Lead Developer
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.