[Resolved] Quote Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Quote Page

Home Forums Support Quote Page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    anamoore

Hi!

I used to have a page called Quotes where you could find images(quotes), organised in a Jetpack Gallery.

Now I have something in my mind, I want to change the way that quotes are organized on the Blog.
    I want a menu item called Quotes (Don’t know if a category). If you click on it there should be: A small masonry (I have medium masonry activated on entire site, so I need an “if” code, probably) with all images.

-Each image should actually be a post (I don’t know what post format to use, showing, in order, from top to the bottom of excerpt: NO TITLE, Photo, Text, Tags).
    -Excerpt must NOT be clickable, but there should be Social Share Buttons and download options ON every image, when hover.
    -When one image is clicked, a lightbox should pop-up, again, with social buttons and download option on it.
    -On category masonry, on right-top corner, should be a widget (integrated in masonry, with no sidebar ugly space under it) with all the tags used for those quote images, organised in a tag cloud (topics for quotes). But only the tags used for images in THIS category, because if a identical tag is used for other article on other category on blog, that should be ignored.

Do you have any idea how to make this happen? At least, a start point? :))

It’s important to use GeneratePress’s masonry, and every image to count as a unique ‘post’ not a gallery.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Roxana,

This would take a great deal of custom coding I’m afraid – much more than I can offer here.

You can enable masonry on a specific category with code like this:

add_filter('generate_blog_masonry','generate_blog_enable_category_masonry');
    function generate_blog_enable_category_masonry()
    {
            // If we're on a category, enable masonry
    	if ( is_category('quotes') )
    		return 'true';

// Otherwise, disable it
    	return 'false';
    }

Then you can hide the title and read more link:

.category-quotes .masonry-post .entry-header,
    .category-quotes .masonry-post .read-more {
          display: none;
    }

The rest would definitely need custom coding I’m afraid.

Hopefully the above is a good start 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.