[Resolved] Quick question about admin bar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Quick question about admin bar

Home Forums Support Quick question about admin bar

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah yes, if you want you can try re-enabling the Page Headers, make sure all the old the page headers are fully deleted. If it still persists add a new page header to the page and see if this replaces it, then remove that.

Michael

I’m sure that’s what I did try, but I will try that again.

Michael

Did all that, it still persists, did a force page reload as well.

I did notice in the headers section the following which doesn’t look right?

https://pasteboard.co/Hs82QTP.png

Michael

The above from the Global Sections area of the Headers settings. There are no headers defined currently.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The dropdowns should look like that if you have no published Page headers. Go back to Page headers and check if theres anything in the Trash

Michael

Nothing in trash, page header still there. Going to put the CSS hack on for now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe try assigning a blank page header to the page. If not sounds like it could be a database issue.

Michael

Back to square one really, admin bar doing my nut in. Works fine for admin, users get nothing, plus a blank area where it should be when they scroll down. The screenshot you sent earlier, I checked with buddypress who say that’s just showing the admin bar is already off, they don’t turn it off. Thought I’d found the culprit, “Frontier Post” which can turn off the admin bar for different groups. After activating that the admin bar disappeared, so I thought I’d found it. Deactivating the plugin though still hides the admin bar.

The featured image problem still persists, but the CSS hack will have to suffice while I try fixing this admin bar issue. Why would it leave a blank area where it should be ? I thought it might be a display:none somewhere searched all plugins for something that would do that, only one I could see did it. Disabled that and the problem still there. Cleared cache each time, forced page reload. Also disabled the “View admin as” plugin no difference.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Micheal, looks like you removed the user account, if you can resend that would be great and we can have another look.

Michael

Thanks David, I’ve just sent the details again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not found anything new, still seeing this in the foot of the document:

<div id="sitewide-notice" class="admin-bar-off"></div>

The only reference i have found to this is within a BuddyPress function file, so it looks like BB is outputing this, so i would assume it is BBP or a related plugin causing it?

Michael

Hi David,

Unfortunately not, the admin-bar-off is just a class BP uses when it detects the admin bar is disabled or not showing. Doesn’t actually switch it off itself. I disabled BP completely and the problem persists.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so have you any other plugins that control this or have you checked you config file?

Michael

I’ve been searching through them to see which ones control it, all the ones that did I deactivated and the problem still was there. Config file? do you mean wp-config? There’s a plugin I use called Frontier Post, which controls the display of the admin bar for various user levels. Initially when I was activating the plugins one by one, the admin bar disappeared when I activated this plugin.

So I deactivated it, and the admin bar still wouldn’t come back. I cleared the cache etc, but still wouldn’t come back. So *shrugs shoulders*

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

hmmm… something has obviously written in the filter to disable it, as a workaround we could try and overwrite it with this:

if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
    	add_filter( 'show_admin_bar', '__return_true' , 1000 );
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.