[Resolved] Quick question about admin bar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Quick question about admin bar

Home Forums Support Quick question about admin bar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Since moving to this theme, my users no longer have their admin bar? Is there anything in the theme, or settings to get that back, or isn’t it a theme problem?

I’ve added the code to show it in a custom functions plugin, but it’s still not showing?

Works for me as an admin.

GP Premium 1.6.2
    Michael

Now looks like my header background image disappears when scrolling down (sticky menu), what’s happening?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

their is nothing in the theme that would block users from seeing the admin bar.
    First off can you try #1 here so we can eliminate a plugin conflict.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Secondly if the issue still persists then log in as a user and check your error_log
    Let me know.

I am not seeing the issue with the header background image. Is this on any particular page?

Michael

Try #1 ? Not sure what you mean.

I just saw that it’s only affecting logged in users, which could give a clue as to where the admin bar is going too am guessing. I’ll check the error_log see if anything in there will help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Apologies left off the link – edited the post above

Michael

Nothing in the error log to prevent or do anything with the admin bar. What would affect the area where the admin bar is and the header image? Because as I say the header background image disappears also.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The WP Admin Bar is loaded in at the foot of the body container. So scripts executed before it are the most likely culprit.
    Could you provide us with a user login so we can see the issues?

You cans send it via the Account issue form here:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add a link to this Topic in the content.

Michael

Sure, I’ll do that just now, thanks.

Michael

Ok, sent it in via the pre-sales section hope you get it!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So this is what i am seeing on the site:

Test Image

In the foot of the site I am seeing this:

Test Image

So unless i am mistaken the site header background is showing, so maybe a browser cache issue?
    And the admin bar is being removed by a plugin or script. This can be eliminated by disabling all plugins.

Michael

Thanks for your great detective work David, I’ll see what is causing that sitewide notice thing and disable it. The header background shows, but it’s when you scroll down the page it disappears, did you try that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael, the image doesn’t disappear upon scrolling aside of moving off the screen. Did you want the header image to still be visible with the sticky navigation?

Michael

That’s ok, no I was wanting just the sticky bar to show. Let me explain, when I was looking at it with a “view admin as” (plugin so I can see what a user sees) the sticky bar was sticking, but it didn’t move to the top of the page, and cleared the header image above it when scrolling. If it’s not doing it for you, must mean the view admin as plugin is causing the issue.

I think all is solved now except for these pesky header images that I need to CSS hack, even though they’re disabled. Don’t worry about that though.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok, so looks like you found the culprit.

Regarding the Page Header images, if you need us to investigate further, let us know. It does seem like a plugin related issue. More than happy to help

Michael

Thanks ! 🙂

I disabled the CSS hack and would you believe it, it’s only doing it on one page now, it used to place images above the categories etc, but if you look at the homepage, you’ll see a logo above the main content.

If it’s only putting it there, then I can live with the CSS hack if need be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.