[Support request] Problems with manual compression of files

Home Forums Support [Support request] Problems with manual compression of files

Home Forums Support Problems with manual compression of files

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tayfur

Hello,

I have a big problem.

I manually compressed my Css and js files, and now my Cache Enabler plugin is corrupted.

screenshot

thank you so much.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not too sure what I’m looking at there. Have you checked with your Cache Enabler plugin support?

Tayfur

I have not seen Cache enabler yet.

I made the compression manual before using the plug-in, then I got the screen display error that I sent when I started using the cache enabler.

I do not know which files are manually compressed, which is the bad side: S

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How did you manually compress them? Why not allow a plugin to handle the compression?

Tayfur

Unfortunately I tried to do it manually before trying to compress it with the plugin.

https://cssminifier.com/ I have done all the compression here, but I do not know which file is the problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which files did you run through there? Everything inside GP should already be minified.

I would just replace the files you changed with the default ones.

Tayfur

The problem here is actually Tom. I do not know which files I am changing. But I think it is sourced from js files. If I return https://unminify.com/ from here to my old uncompressed layout, is the problem correct?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What happens if you replace all of the theme JS files with fresh ones?

Tayfur

I think the problem is straight. Because I did not do any code editing in the js files, I just did the compression. Would you examine the information to send the information to you?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not really sure I understand the problem. So you haven’t manually compressed anything?

Tayfur

I made manual compression, unfortunately. There is no problem in WP Super Cache setup case. But when I make js compression in html inline, the problem arises. Especially in Cache Enabler plugin I get this error.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t suggest manually compressing anything. Use the core files as they come, and then enable a plugin do the compressing/caching for you.

If you use the core files and a plugin that’s well maintained and reviewed, you shouldn’t have any issues.

Tayfur

I understand that this problem repeats itself in the progressive process? I am using Wp-Rocket, KeyCDN and Perfmatters plugins.

I would like to learn from your suggestions which plugins and techniques you recommend to speed up WordPress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Those are all great tools for speeding up WordPress.

You can find some of my recommendations here: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.