[Support request] problem with GP Premium & WooCommerce Integration

Home Forums Support [Support request] problem with GP Premium & WooCommerce Integration

Home Forums Support problem with GP Premium & WooCommerce Integration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    claudio

ello i have a problem “similar” to the one decribed in this post

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/gp-premium-woocommerce-integration/

I’m running the tests on site.

https://domovil.com/info

in the product page I can’t see the button add to chart and cart is empty

If I change the theme to Twenty Seventeen for example, the products are shown correctly.

only if you access the product page through the shop page you can see the add to chart button

is it possible to do the following with generatepress ?.

1.search the product in the homepage ( test searching ” avenida”)

2. click on the respective link and in the product page click the button add cart

i’m really agree with this template but I don’t know if it is possible to do what I need

thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I understand – I’m not seeing the shop page on your website?

On the shop page (set in your WooCommerce settings), the products aren’t showing up?

claudio

hello.
    thank you for reply.
    only from the shop page we can view the button “add to cart” in the product page?. Is that required?
    because when I change to template twenty fifteen I can view the button “add to cart” to the product page from the search box on the homepage (not from shop page).
    you can see the shop page if you click “view you shopping cart” (display cart in menu) then click in the button return to shop.
    I hope my question is understood. (i saw the video on the official website : generatepress.com/woocommerce/)
    thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So when you use the search bar in the widget, you want it to search your products using the WooCommerce template?

claudio

hello,I’m sorry for my delay.
    yes, i want use search bar in the widget and search the products using the woocommerce, when I change the theme to Twenty Seventeen for example, that´s work fine (the user can view the button “add to cart”).obviously change the post search to product search in the file functions.php.

Is that possible with generate press?, if you could please tell me if it’s possible or not.
    thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re using the navigation search, you can do this:

add_filter( 'generate_navigation_search_output', 'tu_wc_navigation_search' );
    function tu_wc_navigation_search() {
    	printf(
    		'<form method="get" class="search-form navigation-search" action="%1$s">
    			<input type="search" class="search-field" value="%2$s" name="s" title="%2$s">
    			<input type="hidden" name="post_type" value="product">
    		</form>',
    		esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ),
    		esc_attr( get_search_query() ),
    		esc_attr_x( 'Search', 'label', 'generatepress' )
    	);
    }

If you’re using a regular search widget, you would have to overwrite the searchform.php file in your child theme and add this line below the first <input>:

<input type="hidden" name="post_type" value="product">

claudio

hello, thank you for the answer and my apologies but I still don’t have an answer to my question.

for example in the following link i’ve changed the template and the add to cart button appears but if I change to generate press disappears.

https://domovil.com/info/product/avenida-argentina-2354-santiago-de-chile/

I didn’t make any changes just change the template, why the “add to cart” button disappears in generatepress ?.

sorry but i need to know :

can i do it look like above but with generatepress?. thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Were you using a search bar in a widget area, or in your navigation?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.