[Support request] GP Premium & WooCommerce Integration

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium & WooCommerce Integration

Home Forums Support GP Premium & WooCommerce Integration

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ZEMDER

Hi everyone,

I would liked to integrate GP with WooCommerce, but testing the WooCommerce plugin I can see that products are not being shown with GP. If I change the theme to Twenty Seventeen for example, the products are shown correctly.

Someone has created succesfully some online store with GP and WooCommerce ..? Or GP is not prepared to work correctly with WooCommerce ..?

Thanks for comments or suggestion .

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Elvis,

GP definitely works with WooCommerce.
    This demo page demonstrates it: http://demo.generatepress.com/shop/

Maybe check the WooCommerce setting? If not can you provide the link to your site?

ZEMDER

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your information. I can see a very good GP+WooCommerce example with your link.
    Until now, I’m starting with tests in localhost. T don’t know if is necessary implement some special customizing from WooCommerce, in fact, the proccess to implement a store with this plugin is simple. After this has been installed, the necessary pages are created by WC: Checkput, store, account, shopping cart, etc

The major setting are for country, money, taxes, product type, etc; but not to decide if the store’s page shows the products. Perhaps I’m doing something wrong (I don’t know …).

I will continue testing and checking the customizing of the WC Pluging.

Leo, I know that there are many people interested on this topic, and In think that would be wonderful if the GP team can create one or some videos of how to create a WP store using GP+WooCommerce.

By now, I’m starting to implement a little store just with buttons, but my target is to create the store with WooCommerce without to change or buy a new theme, in fact I’m so happy with GP and I don’t want changes.

Elvis Zemder
    zemder.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

By default, all you should need to do is install and activate WooCommerce and it will work – nothing else has to be done.

Can you link me to your page that’s supposed to have products on it?

ZEMDER

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Your right, and that was what I did. As I commented in the previous post, I’m starting with test in localhost, not in production of my site.

The true is that I have installed WooCommerce in a clean localhost site, with GP. I created a products, but these are not being shown, just if I change the theme to A wordpress’s theme. I don’t know why.

In my site, zemder.com, I have placed just one product but with a button generated from my provider of payment gateway. I have affiliate products (Affiliates) that I would liked to include with WC, but I hope do that as soon as I can solve this topic with WC.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can try installing WooCommerce on a live site just so I can see what about it isn’t working?

Carol

It works great on my site after activating the Woocommerce tick box in the GeneratePress settings. I just have one request. I don’t mind the cart icon being in the nav menu, but I’d like to see it go directly to the shop page if the cart’s empty when a user clicks on it.

Versus

Going to the “Your cart is empty” page and then having to click on the “Go to Shop” button.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, interesting idea! Thanks!

Kebun Kota

Any follow up on this, Tom? How can I add a cart icon using WC and GP Pro?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Kebun Kota

Sorry, a bit of a beginner here. I dont seem to be able to generate the cart icon. I have set my theme location to primary navigation.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you make sure you are using the latest GP premium 1.6.2?

If this doesn’t help any chance you can open a new topic?

We will look into it 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.