[Support request] Primary Navigation not showing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Primary Navigation not showing

Home Forums Support Primary Navigation not showing

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

No, it did not. Although I thought I would try this I went to my “live site’ at WP Engine. I went to the staging area in admin and clicked the “Copy site from LIVE to STAGING” This overwrote my existing staging site and now so far it is working.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange – let me know if it happens again.

Kevin

This is interesting, it is back to not showing the navigation. WP Engine cannot seem to figure this out. It is just happening on the staging server.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not even sure what kind of caching (I’m pretty sure that’s what’s happening) could do that. There’s nothing special about how the navigation is implemented – it’s simply hooked into after the header: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.0.2/inc/structure/navigation.php

Perhaps their caching is preventing this function from returning the correct value?: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/2.0.2/inc/theme-functions.php#L252-L263

I’m afraid I’m not sure what else could be going on – we’ve never had anyone else have a similar issue.

Kevin

I seem to have it working somewhat. What can I look for to get the Navigation Location Left/Right Sidebar working?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Simply adjusting the option in Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation isn’t working?

Kevin

No

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately there just seems to be something going on with your server cache which is preventing changes from being visible.

You could try turning off CSS caching in Customize > General, but I don’t believe that’s the issue.

These are issues we haven’t run into with anyone else, which definitely points to something within your hosting environment we haven’t run into before.

Kevin

I believe I am also having this issue. I may have some information on how it happened, but not why.

Within the theme customization page, under ‘Layout’, I had my ‘Primary Navigation’ settings all set up with a logo. Then, under ‘Site Identity’, I clicked and un-clicked the ‘hide site title’ checkbox. At this time, I lost my main navigation and the logo. I am now unable to recover it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kevin,

Hard for us to tell without seeing the site.

Can you open a new topic and link us to the site?

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.