[Resolved] Primary menu not displaying on mobile and slide out nav questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Primary menu not displaying on mobile and slide out nav questions

Home Forums Support Primary menu not displaying on mobile and slide out nav questions

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hello,

Ideally no logo in the sticky menu. Sorry for the late response! Busy using your theme in other places…. πŸ™‚

Thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There aren’t any logo in the sticky menu currently.

I checked the contact page.

Mike

Hello,

What I am trying to achive is to get the user icon and basket icon over to the right hand side of the sticky menu and then the slideout menu over to the left.

Thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so if that’s for sticky menu only, you will first need to add a custom class, sticky-right, to the user icon: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#custom-classes

Then use this CSS to float right:

@media (min-width:769px) {
        .main-navigation.navigation-stick .main-nav ul li.sticky-right a
        .main-navigation.navigation-stick .main-nav ul li.wc-menu-item  a {
            float: right !important;
        }
    }
    Mike

Hello,

Added all that. Seems not to be working. Let me clarify what I am trying to achive. I need the slideout menu icon to appear on the left of the sticky menu that appears when you scroll down the page, and the user icon and shopping cart to appear on the left side, in that order.

So ultimatly when the user scrolls down they see the sticky menu with the sideout menu icon on the left, and the user icon and basket icon on the right.

Thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not seeing the code being added which is likely because you have WP Fastest Cache activated.
    Can you disable it for now while we try to make this work?

Next, remove this CSS:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/primary-menu-not-displaying-on-mobile-and-slide-out-nav-questions/#post-448247

Then try the CSS I’ve edited above: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/primary-menu-not-displaying-on-mobile-and-slide-out-nav-questions/page/2/#post-451520

Mike

Hello,

I have added the amended CSS and deleted the old stuff, also deactivated WP fastest cache. Still seems to be playing games with us! Any ideas what to do next? Appreciate the help! πŸ™‚

Thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m not seeing the CSS being added.

How did you add it?

Mike

Hello,

Sorry for never getting back regarding this. This website ended up taking a back seat for a few months while I worked on other projects.

I today went back onto the site to see how it was and managed to fix both the above problems! I will post my fixes below…

Adding Social Icons to Slideout Menu

This was a fairly easy fix based off the code Tom had already given me. I simply had to exchange generate_inside_navigation for generate_after_slideout_navigation and this added my shortcode for the social icons widget below the menu. My full code ended up being,

add_action( 'generate_after_slideout_navigation','social_media_pullout_menu' );  
    function social_media_pullout_menu() { ?> 
      <?php echo do_shortcode("[do_widget id=simple-social-icons-2]"); ?>
    <?php }

I also wrote some CSS to make the icons bigger,

ul.aligncenter li svg, ul.aligncenter li a {
    	width: 30px !important;
    	height: 30px !important;
    } 

And had to give them some padding so the bottom menu item did not interfere,

ul.aligncenter{
    	padding-top: 15px;
    } 

Menu Icons Displaying In The Center Of The Screen When Scrolling

This transpired to be a fairly easy one, and it makes me question what my head was doing last year…

It simply needed the menu icons text aligning to the left! Simple CSS…

#menu-icons{
    	text-align: right;
    }

And there we have it. Both problems fixed! Thanks both Tom and Leo for your help, and once again, sorry for not responding sooner!

Thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out! πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.