- This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 6 days ago by chris.
April 19, 2020 at 9:05 am #1245535chris
Please go to my website and Blog / News page. You will see it shows the entire articles on my website, but i want it just to show an opening excerpt and the visitor then clicks to read the full article.
I have read up on other excerpt advice but none helps. I am using the premium version.April 19, 2020 at 4:37 pm #1245924LeoStaffCustomer SupportApril 20, 2020 at 12:07 am #1246141chris
Ok sorry, this is likely because i really am a very inexperienced user.
On the basis of your reply, please can you advise how i direct my ‘posts page’ to appear on my website in place?
Thank you and great service and company.April 20, 2020 at 1:20 am #1246188chris
To add, i have tried to follow many guides/messages of topic on this support and i can see it’s something that has been asked before. Please see this link which appears very similar:
What i think i need to do, is somehow set the ‘Page’ that gets represented on my website to be the ‘Archive’ version, not the full post article.April 20, 2020 at 1:33 am #1246199chris
To try and really make this clear on the problem, i have done two additional ‘Posts’. ‘Test’ and ‘Test 1’.
I can;t show you a screenprint here, but these have gone into ‘Recent posts’ sidebar, but the Main Page content still shows the very first Post in Full (doesn’t even show the other two).
Before i have had the main content page show all the posts, but just a summary/excerpt of all these posts and that’s what i need back please.April 20, 2020 at 2:58 am #1246304DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. create a new Page and give it a title of Blog. Don’t add any content. Now publish this.
2. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading – and for Posts page: select your newly created Blog Page.
3. Go to Appearance > Menus and edit your Primary Menu – delete your current Blog / News menu and now Add your newly created Blog page. You can change the Navigation Label to display what you need.April 20, 2020 at 3:05 am #1246315chris
Superb! Thank you. Good work team.April 20, 2020 at 3:26 am #1246355DavidStaffCustomer SupportMay 6, 2020 at 1:29 pm #1272722chris
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.