[Resolved] Positioning of footer widgets on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Positioning of footer widgets on mobile

Home Forums Support Positioning of footer widgets on mobile

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I am using 3 footer widgets and on mobile they are stacked on top of each other but they are positioned far left right on edge of screen. Is there a way to center these widgets when on mobile?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

Try this CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .footer-widgets, .lsi-social-icons {
            text-align: center !important;
        }
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Let me know.

Mark

Thank you Leo! This works great if the footer widget is text but not if it is another object such as a Google Map or Facebook Follow Us box. How can I center the entire widget regardless of it’s contents? Is that possible?

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edited the code above a little bit. It’s a long shot but can you try it again?

If it doesn’t work any chance you can provide a link to your site? I would need to give you separate CSS for them as the content’s style is overwritten the code.

Let me know.

Mark

I have sent you email with the website link. Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think you missed the link in your e-mail? Can you send it again? Thanks!

Mark

Hi Leo,

Wow I can’t believe I forgot the link. Oh well sent again

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edited the code above again: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/positioning-of-footer-widgets-on-mobile/#post-316559

Can you give it another shot?

Then also change the Right Footer Widget Area Padding to 0 in Customizer > Layout > Footer.

Let me know if this works out ๐Ÿ™‚

Mark

Ok great, that helps a bunch. Centered the Lightweight Social icons. Then I actually changed the widget area padding right and left to 20 which centered the widgets nicely and pulled them away from left side. Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Jessica

I too am having a rough time with these footer widget responsive break points. At a very wide point (the 768px width), they automatically go left aligned with a HUGE gap to the right. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to keep them from doing this until it gets to the smallest media query (approx 400-500px) and trying to override the styles has proven to be unsuccessful, thus far.

It looks really odd on a tablet and even on a computer screen if you resize the window the breakpoints happen way too early and wide. They see to snap to 100% width at 768px and if you have 4 widgets that’s way too early and makes everything looks too small.

How do I override this as it’s been an issue I’ve been working on for well over a year (always creating my own custom css to handle them). This time, I’m at a loss.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jessica,

Can you open a new topic and link us to your site so we can see if we can improve it?

Thanks!

Jessica

@Leo: Just created a new topic w/link: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/responsive-break-points-in-footer-widgets/

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.