[Resolved] plugins that copy posts don’t copy color correctly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] plugins that copy posts don’t copy color correctly

Home Forums Support plugins that copy posts don’t copy color correctly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Natalie

I have tried two ‘copy post’ plugins. The second one was recommended by GP here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-duplicate-an-element/

For both of them I’ve found that they don’t correctly copy the color that I have set e.g. for a headline block

I set the color for the headline by picking one of the defined colors e.g. var(–base-3)

After I copy the post and look at the color that the headline has, then it looks like this:

var(u002du002dbase-3)

So the plugin that has copied the post has not copied the — correctly and has converted it to unicode.

It may be the plugins which are at fault and there is nothing you can do in GP, but I just wanted to let you know

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thanks for reporting this – we’ll take a look at our side to see whats going on there.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

WordPress itself converts the characters to unicode. The issue here is that the plugin is stripping the \ which escape those unicode characters.

This is likely something that should be reported to them so they can preserve backslashes inside of escaped content.

Let us know if they have any questions 🙂

Natalie

Thanks for your reply.

I did suspect it may be the plugin that was at fault.

For the benefit of anyone else with the same problem I have now tested 18 plugins that duplicate posts.

Only ONE of them will work correctly to preserve backslashes when copying posts. So this is the only plugin that will work correctly if you have used the new GP ‘Global colors’ in your posts / pages

It is the ‘Yoast Duplicate Post’ plugin
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/

Unfortunately it is also the only plugin that WON’T copy GP block elements.

Natalie

good news!

I have found that you can enable ‘elements’ to be able to be duplicated with the Yoast plugin.
    You need to tick the ‘elements’ box in their settings:
    Settings→ Duplicate Post, tab Permissions

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad that their plugin works – thanks for letting us know! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.