[Resolved] pingdom.com connection error

Home Forums Support [Resolved] pingdom.com connection error

Home Forums Support pingdom.com connection error

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jiri

Thanks, Tom…

I am not sure, but could it be, that this something that is going on has its origins in the fact, that the first pages were imported from another site to save some customizing time?

If you see this as possible source of these issues – what would then be the best way to get rid of them? Delete the incriminated pages and create fresh new versions of them?

My best regards

Jirka

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Actually yes, it looks like your home page is the only page that is cached. Try running the test on one of your interior pages to see if it looks for defaults.css.

Jiri

Yes, Tom, I believe this is the only one looking for it. I will try to make the home page new from the scratch and then I let you know if the issue is over.

Thanks

Jirka

Jiri

Hi, Tom,

I have created new homepage with another name – let´s say “home2”. Tested on pingdom.com – no connection error. Deleted the old one, renamed the new one to the original homepage name, set as starting page – tested on pingdom.com – and there it is again: connection error, searching for the non-existent file. Maybe you have some idea, what could cause this – if not, I will give up, make my “fix” again (empty file) and go on 🙂

Anyway, thank you for your patience and time.

Jirka

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

99% sure there’s some sort of server caching happening connected with your home page URL in that case.

Jiri

Hi, Tom, it seems youre were right about this one 🙂

I didn´t give up, but tried evertything and in the end I have found some text in .htaccess, remains after old cache settings. I made a fresh new .htaccess file and the connection error is gone 🙂

Thank you for your time and a great theme!!!

Jirka

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great! You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.