[Resolved] Photos before blog posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Photos before blog posts

Home Forums Support Photos before blog posts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tjs198

can someone please help. trying to put 3 photos that have links to other pages on my home page. with the blog posts falling beneath.

how do i do this? i tried sections but didn’t work. use GP hooks? the inside content container hook? i tried putting in an image like this: a small box appears in the right locations but not photo.

sorry i don’t know much on php, coding, etc.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could use the Blog Page Header: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-page-header/

Or GP Hooks, you’d just have to put it inside a conditional inside the “Inside Content Container” hook:

<?php if ( is_front_page() ) : ?>
        Your HTML in here
    <?php endif; ?>
    tjs198

Thanks so much Tom.

I used the GP Hooks so I could have the sidebar extend all the way up. 2 more followup questions if you have a chance to answer:

1.) I have 3 images the GP hooks area. I can float one right, and one left, but can’t get the center one to be ‘centered’.

2.) what code do i use if i want to link one of images to automatically scroll down the main page to a certain section. I remember it used to be called anchoring?

I really appreciate your help

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

1) I would use the GP’s build in grid system for that, so something like this:

<div class="grid-container grid-parent">
        <div class="grid-33">pic 1</div>
        <div class="grid-33">pic 2</div>
        <div class="grid-33">pic 3</div>
    </div>

2) This might help to set up anchor: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/one-pager/#post-155986

Let us know.

tjs198

the grid system worked for the photos, but everything else below it (all the blog posts) moved to a single vertical line in the sidebar that stretches down a long way

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    tjs198

it works! thanks so much guys.

I also got the anchor working too.

you guys are the best – I recommend GP to everyone!

tjs198

resolved

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.