[Resolved] Performance Issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Performance Issues

Home Forums Support Performance Issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jatin

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me improve my score on my website via GTmetrix. I see the HIGH issue w.r.t the re-direct Message.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would need to speak with your Hosting provider about that as thats in their control.

Jatin

Thanks fine. I improved a lot on the desktop version and fixed a lot of issues. However, The Theme just fails to deliver when it comes to mobile version of it. I just get a score of 9 even though i removed all featured images and removed all the unnecessary code [screenshot in private info box].

The Desktop version is not able to convert to mobile theme or its just doing that and delivering poor performance. Shall i use AMP plugin or how to improve my mobile score.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme itself isn’t contributing to the performance issues here.

The best thing you can do is go through the suggestions that Pagespeed Insights provide.

The biggest issue I’m seeing is the “Reduce the impact of third-party code” section.

Jatin

Thanks Tom,
    I have removed everything from my site. All the posts and deactivated most of the plugins but the score is still not comparable to Desktop version when checked.

1) What are your thoughts on AMP Mobile Plugin. Should i use it to improve my site performance on mobile.
    2) Do you suggest to use a Caching Plugin like WP Super Cache with GeneratePress ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

AMP is only recommended for News sites …. and it requires a lot of technical configuration to get it working correctly.

Yes, a cache plugin maybe of help and a lot of users run WP Rocket successfully. We personally suggest these optimization tips:

https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Jatin

Thanks David, This link https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/ talks about Autooptimize. I will give it a go. On the other Hand I use CloudFlare as well as a CDN.

Do you suggest to you Cloudflare CDN with WP Super Cache + Autooptimize ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

All three of them can work together.
    WP Super Cache does page caching which Autoptimize does not.
    You want to make sure that you don’t enable the same settings in both plugins eg. Combine CSS. Or they will conflict.

Jatin

Thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.