[Support request] Part of the content of my post not found in Copyscape

Home Forums Support [Support request] Part of the content of my post not found in Copyscape

Home Forums Support Part of the content of my post not found in Copyscape

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does Copyscape work as expected with the TwentySomething theme installed ?

Joe

No I’m getting the same situation in Copyscape using TwentyTwenty theme.

Something happened to that page because I saw it on Bing and Duckduckgo on first page soon after it was published. All I did was to re-write some parts which I was not happy with. Could that cause it to not show up again. Would deleting the post and copying it onto another page make any difference?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm… i am not sure how Copyscape works, i assume it must use some sort of index for comparing the content to other crawled sites…. does Copyscape have any support forums as i would ask there.

Updating content on a page may require it to be recrawled by those search engines. I would not recommend moving the content to another post, as the search engines would have indexed that URL for that content.

Joe

Yes I have contacted Copyscape and their reply this morning was.

“The web indexes that Copyscape uses when performing a search are not the same ones that are used when performing a standard Google or Bing search. In some instances there may be some differences between these indexes. The indexes we use also get updated at different intervals to Google’s and Bing’s main indexes. We of course have no control over which websites Google and Bing include into their various web indexes or when they get updated.”

If I put the url in quotes, into Bing and Yahoo it shows up OK.

If I put the post title which is, Golf Lessons For Seniors – Best Training Guide into Bing and Yahoo it does show up on first page of search.

So don’t understand why Copyscape is not detecting it.

Anyway I’m not getting anywhere with this. Do you have any suggestions?

Joe

Should Iput the theme back on and the plugins?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As we have eliminated it being a theme issue ( as it doesn’t work with TwentySomething themes either ) – then yes, add back the theme and the plugins.

Once done i would go back to Copyscape and ask them to relook at why its not being found.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.