[Resolved] Pages with sections don’t show comments

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Pages with sections don’t show comments

Home Forums Support Pages with sections don’t show comments

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alain

Hello,
    I understood that you had to add a piece of PHP code to get the sidebar displayed on the pages made with the sections.
    I have another concern with comments that don’t appear on pages with sections. Is there also a piece of code to add or how to get comments displayed on the pages?
    Thank you for your help and your answers.
    Well cordially,
    Alain

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Alain,

This is the best solution provided by one of our users:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/comments-using-sections/#post-325331

Please keep in mind that Section is now considered an out-dated module and shouldn’t be used for new built anymore.

If you use the Gutenberg editor with the container blocks of GenerateBlocks then you should be able to use the default comment section.
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/

Hope this helps 🙂

Alain

Hello,
    Thank you for your answers but I understand absolutely nothing.
    Indeed, I had opened another ticket regarding the display of pages on mobile and I was told that it was not necessary to use tables for the layout but sections.
    So I picked up all my pages with sections and the display is much better on mobile.
    Then you tell me that we should no longer use sections that are obsolete, what should I understand?
    As for comments, I use a plugin on my site and I just want the comments to appear on my pages made in sections, how to do? the example you give me is not suitable for my comments plugin, what code to use?
    Thank you for your answers and your help.
    Well cordially,
    Alain

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

There are very few reasons to use our Sections module anymore due to the new editor in WordPress.

Instead, use our GenerateBlocks plugin: https://generateblocks.com

This will allow you to build out your content just like the Sections module, but you won’t need to use any special code to have sidebars or comments – it will just work by default if those elements are turned on.

Alain

Hello,
    Thanks for your reply!
    The reason I use the sections is that I don’t want to use Gutenberg for entering my pages and I still use the classic WordPress editor for good personal reasons.
    Therefore, as other technicians of your services have advised me, I have set up the sections.
    I have to take over 130 pages on my site and I have realized half so far, you will understand that I am not likely to back down now.
    So I use the sections and I added bits of PHP code to allow comments where I want on the pages and also allow the sidebar to be displayed.
    Thank you for your explanations and your help, I wanted to give you these few explanations so that you better understand my situation.
    Well cordially,
    Alain

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a good reason to stick with Sections. In that case, the functions you’ve found are the best options.

I assume you have the sidebars working?

Did you try the comments solution that Leo pointed to?

Alain

Hello,
    Yes the side bars appear with the PHP code added and for comments also, I used Leo’s method and it’s perfect with the PHP code and shortcode.
    So I no longer have a problem with the sections.
    Thank you very much for your valuable help.
    Kindly,
    Alain

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.