[Resolved] Page header on woocommerce store/shop page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page header on woocommerce store/shop page

Home Forums Support Page header on woocommerce store/shop page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Neil

Hi Guys,

I’m just playing around with the styling on some of the Woocommerce pages. I can’t seem to set the page header on the shop page. I’m guessing that woocommerce overrides anything else that’s put on that page?

I don’t know if there is a way to do this, I’d really like to have a custom image in the header of the shop.

Thanks,

Neil.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There are workarounds but as you are ‘playing’ i recommend you check out:

GPP 1.4 Page Headers

This adds the functionality your looking for. In the video comments Tom explains how to update to 1.4 Beta.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Neil

Thanks guys, I won’t be able to try it out for a while but will do as soon as I can.

When will 1.4 get it’s full release?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’d like to run out the beta for a couple weeks, so likely around then ๐Ÿ™‚

Neil

Hi Guys,

I’m back from my holidays now and I’m giving the 1.4 beta a try. I seem to be failing at a very early stage ๐Ÿ™

I’ve got the Page Headers option in the WP menu but on any page I edit, I still have the old page header meta box not the new drop-down. Am I doing something stupid or is it not possible to edit an existing page?

It works on a new page I create.

What would be the best way to get your new page header on my Woocommerce shop page?

Thanks,

Neil.

Neil

Hi,

A couple of points to add to my previous post. I’ve worked out how to add the page header to the woocommerce storefront page. Quite easy actually, I hadn’t realised that the product archive post type was my store, doh!

One thing I have no noticed though is that all of the woocommerce buttons (add to cart, add coupon, buy now etc…) no longer have any text on them! I’m working on my local dev environment at the moment but I have taken a screenshot

https://snag.gy/3YE6RX.jpg

Any ideas what might be causing that. Only thing I have done recently is install GP 1.4 beta and the code snippets needed for that. Actually, I’ve added in Autoptimize too, could that be affecting something?

Thanks,

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The initial page header meta box will still display on individual pages if any of those settings are set.

If they aren’t in use, or a new page is created, the new dropdown will display.

Unfortunately I would have to see the actual page to know why the button text isn’t displaying. Any chance you can get it up on a live server?

Neil

Hi Tom,

How can I get existing pages to use the new page header then? Is it a case of removing all the settings for the current page header?

It’s probably going to have to be the morning now that I can get a live version of my site up now. I’ll give you a shout once I’ve got something to show. I’ll also try undoing the beta upgrade to see if it fixes the issue and verify that it is in fact the beta that’s causing it.

Thanks,

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea exactly, just remove the settings you have set for that page currently, and you’ll be able to use the new system.

This is necessary for back-compat reasons.

Neil

Awesome, I’ll have a crack at that in the morning.

Thanks.

Neil

Hi Tom,

I’ve uploaded a version to my staging site that exhibits the issue with the Woocommerce buttons.

I tried rolling back to the the previous GP Premium version and the issue goes away so it is definitely something to do with the beta version.

Thanks,

Neil.

Neil

Hi Guys,

I’ve discovered another issue with the new page header on mobile. Take a look at the shop page on the previous link on a mobile device. Text and menus seem to be all over the place. Am I going to have to do some funky mobile specific padding on the header?

Thanks,

Neil.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your WooCommerce button font size is set to 0px – I can’t see where it’s coming from as you’re using Autoptimize. If you can disable that, I should be able to see why that’s happening.

For the second issue, try disabling the “Place content behind header (sliders etc..)” option.

Neil

Autoptimize should now be disabled.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.