[Resolved] One page scroll combined with regular navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] One page scroll combined with regular navigation

Home Forums Support One page scroll combined with regular navigation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alfonso

Hi guys
    So I have a one page scroll navigation, but some of the links open in a new window (the link I refer to is called ‘Mi historia’ in case you visit my website to see what i’m telling you about). And the problem is this; in the new open window, the navigation still shows the one page links, but doesn’t do anything if you click them (as there’s no anchor in that page to go to).
    So, is there a way to return to a certain section in the frontpage from another window, so I can keep my navigation as it is?
    Is there anything else I can do?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

use a full URL for you’re one page links e.g: https://www.anonymous.org/#faq

Alfonso

That worked well, thanks.
    But it seems to be another problem now, the links from the one page doesn’t have the hover effect (although they work) and when I go to any of them (there are only two), both of them appears highlighted. I’m using the Page to scroll id plugin by the way.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’d need to set your current menu item background color to the same background color as the navigation in Customize > Colors > Primary Navigation.

Then use this CSS to change the background color of the highlighted section:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul li > a.mPS2id-highlight {
        background: #777;
    }
    Alfonso

Done. That solved part of the problem, but the hover effect still missing…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Give this a shot:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul li[class*="current-menu-"]:hover > a,
    .header-wrap #site-navigation:not(.toggled) .main-nav > ul > li[class*="current-menu-"]:hover > a {
        background-color: #777;
    }
    Alfonso

Now the sticky menu works perfectly, but not the main one (the one on the top). Perhaps I should’ve mention earlier that I created the main header with a GP element. Does that affect it somehow?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Alfonso

Okay that finally solved my problem! Thank you so much!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.