[Resolved] Non-amp site display is ugly – not same as customized

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Non-amp site display is ugly – not same as customized

Home Forums Support Non-amp site display is ugly – not same as customized

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Kong Thiam

GP site display is always good until last Friday 26 June the desktop site display turns ugly as the attached file. This incident has caused my ranking dropped from 32.3 to 33.7. Please act fast.
    Why this sudden happen? Is it something wrong with my doing?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It almost looks like none of the CSS is being parsed.

This can happen if there’s an error in it somewhere.

You can run your site through this tool to check: https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

I’m seeing a parse error in the block library CSS file that is from WordPress/the Gutenberg plugin. Did anything change in regards to that recently? Perhaps you’re using the plugin and an update is conflicting with AMP?

Kong Thiam

Dear Tom,

There is 111 warning in the link below.
    CSS validation result

Three errors:
    .wp-gs .wp-block-button__link:not(.has-background) Value Error : background-color Parse Error var(–wp-block-core-button–color–background,var(–wp-color–primary,#32373c))

.wp-block-buttons.alignright .wp-block-button Value Error : margin-right none is not a margin-right value : none

.load-more:not(.has-svg-icon) .button.loading:before Value Error : speak none is not a speak value : none

I am out of knowledge to act. Please help.

Kong Thiam

Dear Tom,

Your baby is cute.

I found “Simple CSS.” Download and installed on the website. But editing gets a warning, not allowed to do. How?
    I cannot send an image file here.

Best Regards
    Stephen

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try installing the Gutenberg plugin:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/gutenberg/

this should install the latest version of the block editor and a new CSS file for the blocks.

Kong Thiam

Dear David,

Can I not use the Gutenberg plugin? First I am not familiar and second add one plugin, I am facing Java Script again.
    Why Generate Press is not working since 26th June only? After purchase Pro, nothing can help. Can solve without adding any plugin?

Best Regards
    Stephen Tan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have this plugin https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/gutenberg/ installed ?

Kong Thiam

Dear David,

Can I not use the Gutenberg plugin? First, I am not familiar and second add one plugin, I am facing Java Script again.
    Why is Generate Press not working since 26th June only? After purchase Pro, nothing can help. Can you solve it without adding any plugin?

Best Regards
    Stephen Tan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

GeneratePress has not changed and would not break your site.
    This means something else has changed on your site.
    We need to eliminate what could have changed.
    This means first to disable any other plugins to test if they are the problem.

Kong Thiam

I guess the Asset CleanUp plugin is causing GP display to change at the end of June due to unloading GP style CSS. The second new plugin is SMUSH, which I installed after Asset CleanUp. But I do not think SMUSH can cause GP loss Style CSS, Am I right?
    The old plugin has been working well with GP for quite a long time.
    I hope to delay the test for a few days to see the effectiveness of Asset cleanUp. May be next Wednesday, I will try to disable Asset CleanUp to know the result.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The best thing is to temporarily disable all other plugins.
    Asset CleanUp and any Cache or Optimization plugins are likely to be causing the problem.
    I do not think Smush could create the issue.

Kong Thiam

Dear David,

I have deleted Asset CleanUp and GP display issues been solved. Please advise a little about what can I apply using GP Premium with some easy steps.
    Thank you.

Best Regards
    Stephen Tan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.

Your site loads very fast – I am based in Europe and the initial load time is under 1.5 seconds. Which is great.

Looking at your site I cannot see anything that needs improving.
    Let me know if there is something specific you want me to look at.

Kong Thiam

Dear David,

I am happy with your support. Thank you very much.

Best Regards
    Stephen Tan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • The topic ‘Non-amp site display is ugly – not same as customized’ is closed to new replies.