[Resolved] Navigation Location

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation Location

Home Forums Support Navigation Location

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Nik

Hi there,

I am unable to get the ‘Navigation Location’ to stick to ‘above the header’ position. When set to this position, the Customizer displays primary navigation in that position but as soon as I save the primary nav moves back to its former position of ‘float right’. When this happens the ‘Navigation Location’ on WP customizer is still showing ‘above the header’ in the field but the actual menu is floating right.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    N

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

couple of things to check:

1. Is the Customizer Publishing the changes or is it set to Save as Draft
    2. Edit the Header Element and check on Site Header tab that the Navigation Location is set to Default.

Nik

Hi David,

1. Customizer is set to ‘Publish’.
    2. I tried this and got the same results. It seems that Customizer is refusing to save changes made to the header or navigation; after I click Publish, I see the changes take place, but as soon as I navigate away or refresh the page, they revert back.

N.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So when you return to the Customizer does the navigation location still show Above Header?

Nik

Nope, it reverts back.

New issue: now I can’t even get the navigation to move locations in the Customizer, it won’t go above or below the header.

I have also switched off all plugins and tested with the exact same results.

Just checking in with the host to ensure it is not a server issue. Could a server-side issue cause this problem?

Thanks David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It could be server related. Ask them to see if any there are any errors in the server logs.

Nik

Hi David,

I have accessed the logs myself, but unsure how to decipher. I am assuming that the logs would be in the PHP error files; what should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Nik

Hi again,

This is not a server related issue. I have cloned the site onto another server and the issue persists. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nik

I am providing credentials for Support to access the back-end.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The username and password didn’t work for me.

Can you confirm?

Have you tried disabling all plugins to test if there are unknown conflicts somewhere?

The navigation location is a free theme option so you can disable GP Premium as well.

Nik

Hi Leo,

Yes, I disabled all plugins and tested before opening a support request. Re-sending credentials.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

2. Edit the Header Element and check on Site Header tab that the Navigation Location is set to Default.

I believe David actually nailed the issue here. Did you test this before?

What if you set it to Default here?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/qzeaSGd9v

That element is applying to all pages.

Nik

Hi Leo,

I don’t seem to be able to achieve results with setting the Navigation Location on the Site Header element to either ‘default’ or ‘above header’.

The WP Customizer continues to reset my settings. Would you please try for yourself using the credentials provided? I have a backup of the site, so there is no need to worry.

Many thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We would like to avoid making changes to your site whenever it’s possible.

Yes, I disabled all plugins and tested before opening a support request.

Did you disable GP Premium during that test as well?

If not, can you disable the Elements module in GP premium and see if the option works correctly?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Nik

I did not disable GP Premium when I originally disabled the plugins.

Just tried it now and it seems to fix the issue, but I am not sure what that means. I will need to use the Elements module on the site.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.