[Support request] Moving Avada websit to GP

Home Forums Support [Support request] Moving Avada websit to GP

Home Forums Support Moving Avada websit to GP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nitin

I am moving a Avada website to GP. I want to use ‘Dev’ from Site Library, and accordingly create/match all pages.

I Created a staging application. Installed GP, switched theme to GP. Imported ‘Dev’ from Site Library with all dummy content.

My pages are still full of Fusion Code. Unbelievable amount of fusion code in page. If I deactivate Fusion Builder Plugin, whole page shows shortcodes.

Or should I create fresh new pages and then add content to it ?
    Or can I modify my existing pages to match GP ?

Can you folks share some ideas about what should be best approach.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is a very unfortunate side effect of using page builders that use shortcodes. Once those builders are removed, you’re left with a mess of shortcodes instead of HTML/content.

You will likely want to rebuild your pages one by one – that way you know you’ll end up with clean pages with nothing left over.

Let us know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Nitin

This was a failed attempt for me. Too much of work to move from avada to genratepress. I have 800+ blog posts, 50+ pages etc. There were challenges on two different fronts.

Challenge 1) as mentioned earlier too much fusion shortcodes everywhere. Each page and some of the post options so much tied to fusion shortcodes. My website is using avada for last 6 years.

Challenge 2) I started with Demo “Dev”. For every minor thing inside GeneratePress, I kept finding answers like “Install xyz plugin”. I realised I will end up installing so many free plugins from several places.

See I love Generatepress & still wish to move my website to Generatepress, but the demos provided are very basic. These are extremely good for new website, you can build upon it. But getting a website which has certain numbers of design elements which make it look professional was missing in demos. For every single small thing I found reply on support asking to install some new plugin. It is scary to have a website full of free plugins from various sources.

I will attempt once again in few weeks. But find whole process overwhelming. I don’t want to go builder way. If I have to use Builder anyways then I will stick to avada.

Please suggest what could I do better in next attempt.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your Avada site so we can take a look at – then we can advise.

Nitin

Thank you for your reply. my website

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tom basically provided the only solution in this case if you do want to migrate without a page builder unfortunately.

Plugins are necessary sometimes – we cannot add every option in the theme and premium plugin as that will basically make us like a page builder or Avada which totally defeats the purpose of GP.

We are happy to provide a refund if you decided against migrating πŸ™‚

Nitin

I am using GP on two new projects & will use for future projects. Also will attempt again to move my old website on GP.

In next attempt, I will rather use main GP theme & not use any demo. Try to recreate one by one page. I need to do some more homework with Generate Blocks.

I just have request that there should be one or more gutenberg demos which display lot more design elements. Present demos are very preliminary.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Most of the designs from Mike Oliver are quite advanced.

If you have any examples that you’d like to see then we are always happy to take a look πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.