[Support request] Mobile Usability Clickable elements too close & Content wider than screen

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mobile Usability Clickable elements too close & Content wider than screen

Home Forums Support Mobile Usability Clickable elements too close & Content wider than screen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Killian

Using Google Search Console my website (home page and others) gets two Mobile Usability issues – Clickable elements too close together and Content wider than screen. But, the content seems fine to me. Can you take a look and tell why there are errors?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if the Site looks ok to you and your users then the issue is most likely Google being ‘impatient’ If you run a Mobile Friendly Test – the site will pass but the preview may look a little wonky. Clicking on the Page Loading Issues link will show that some stylesheets or scripts were not loaded ( theres no reason given why they aren’t loaded ie. its being impatient ).

The fix to this most of the times is to optimize your site. We provide some tips on it here:

https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

This will minimize requests and make it less likely Google doesn’t miss out on styles being properly loaded.

Han

I have the same problem. Google indicates the page is too wide. I have identified the problem is with the Cover Page block.

The page is too wide in desktop browsers as well. When you load the page it looks okay. But when you drag the page to the left, you can see there is a border.
    Check cemarking.net to see the issue.

Can this be fixed in the code or with css?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Han

Thank you. That solved the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.