[Resolved] Mobile nav menu tap behavior

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile nav menu tap behavior

Home Forums Support Mobile nav menu tap behavior

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dean

Hello,

I’m using GP 2.1.2 and GP Premium 1.6.2.

In the customiser, I have the Primary Navigation Dropdown set to “Hover” — which is perfect for what I want for desktop behavior.

However, for mobile, I notice that the small dropdown arrow must be tapped to open the second level sub-menu — not the whole text entry (as in what is described at https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/menu-on-small-screens-expands-only-on-clicking-arrow-not-text/).

I see there was a plugin for this solution — but that is 3 years old.

Is there a better way to handle this now with more updated GP versions?

NOTE for admins for the listed URL:

While at the moment in my main menu some parent items (eg under Accommodation) have an action page (eg BROOME) — on mobile, I’d like all of the menu items with a drop-down level of pages to be clickable this way (the whole row, not just the tiny arrow). I will be removing the parent item links to actual pages, so they are just text headings within the menu (as you can see under Packages, albeit they will have pop-out child menus).

Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks,

Dean

Dean

I think I’ve solved this.

If I use “#” as the link for the item in my menu, I can tap anywhere in the row and it toggles open/closed the child/secondary menu below this item.

That solves my needs. I can just replace the actual parent page in the menu with a custom link/text.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dean,

the parent menu needs to be an empty link ie. just contain a # and then the whole title will become clickable on mobile.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dean, glad you got it fixed!

Dean

Thanks David!! I’m glad what I found was the right way to do it!

Dean

PS: I had searched the support forums — I should have searched the Documentation!

It’s here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-navigation/

Onto my next task 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Great to hear it. Yes the documentation is full of goodies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.