[Resolved] Mobile Menu not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Menu not working

Home Forums Support Mobile Menu not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas

Hello!

Apologies if this is an issue that has been raised before. I LOVE GeneratePress, it’s simple to use and lovely to look at. The only issue I’m having is that my menu is not working when I view my site with my mobile, the menu button is unresponsive when tapped.

http://www.nickblackford.com

Do you know why this might be? I imagine it’s a conflict caused by something… but I have no idea where to start looking!

Many thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Nice site!

Interesting issue – can you try #1 on this page?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Nicholas

Hi Tom, thanks for the speedy reply. I deactivated all non-GP plugins but this doesn’t seem to have fixed the problem. When I check the website on my phone the menu isn’t responding when I tap it. If I check the mobile site on MobileTest.me it does work though… Any ideas what I should try next? Many thanks!

bdbrown

Hi Nicolas. I checked MobileTest.me and the mobile menu didn’t work on any device except the iPad Mini. Strangely, the search icon worked on every device. Don’t know what that means but hopefully it helps point someone in the right direction.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have any caching plugins installed or does your server do caching?

Deactivating all plugins and clearing the cache should bring it back to normal – if not, try re-installing GeneratePress.

Haven’t received any other reports of this, so I’m thinking there’s something going on with your installation.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Kimberly

Having same problems, need an answer.

kimberly

Don’t know where my first comment went? Anyway, it was my caching plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Pesky caching plugins – glad you got it working πŸ™‚

Alexander

Just wanted to mention I ran into the same problem. I had W3 Total Cache activated to optimize for google pagespeed. The mobile menu was working but unresponsive on some of the pages, but only sporadically. But even after the deactivation the menu still is unresponsive every now and then, however less frequently.

I also would like to keep using the cache plugin, would there be a solution to make sure the mobile menu keeps working with such a cache plugin activated?

My website for reference: http://www.ajnorfield.com

Alexander

Alexander

Hmmmm just deactivated all plugin and the mobile menu button is still shotty.

Tom would you be able to have a look?

Alexander

Just so you know I deactivated and deleted the generatepress theme and redownloaded it to see if it had to do with the faulty wordpress server a few days ago, but it did not solve the problem.

It seems the menu button works until I click on the header image or the menu icon to go back to the main welcome page, and there it stops responding…

argh, really annoying I can’t figure this out! πŸ˜›

bdbrown

Hi Alexander. I just poked around your site using an iPhone 4 (yep, it still works πŸ™‚ ) Didn’t have any problems. Just a side note: I noticed your contact form isn’t being displayed.

Alexander

Hi Bdbrown,

Thanks for helping have a look. Yeah I know, my plugins are currently all deactivated to try and figure out what is happening. πŸ™‚

Did you do the header klik and test the menu than if it works klik the header again and test again. does it keep working?

bdbrown

The mobile site comes up with the “Welcome to the Stone War Chronicles Website” page. Click on the header image; page refreshes. Click the menu icon; it opens. With the menu open, click the header image; menu closes and page refreshes. Click the menu icon, menu opens, open the Books submenu, go to a book page. Click header image; back to home page. Click menu icon, menu opens. Click left icon in navigation bar, menu closes and home page refreshes. Seems to be working.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

My inspect element tool is spitting out this error: Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

In your minify settings in your caching plugin, make sure not to set the javascript minify to “auto” – you don’t want to include the jQuery file within your minify settings or this can happen.

If you manually add your scripts to it (leaving out the core jQuery file), you should be good to go.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.