[Resolved] Mobile menu fails to open

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile menu fails to open

Home Forums Support Mobile menu fails to open

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just updated it again – hopefully this is the one! πŸ™‚

Calvin

Hi Tom,

I am afraid that made it worse. The menu now behaves as such:

1. Main Navigation (page scrolled up to the top): When I click on a main navigation item, I am guided to the location and the menu closes (this works well as previously)

1.1. Main Navigation (page scrolled mid-way): When I click on a main navigation item, I am guided to the location but the menu does not close

2. Subnavigation (both cases, scrolled up and midway): When I open the subnavigation menu, the entire menu closes, before I get the chance to click on a link

Cheers,
    Calvin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just tried to access your site but it seems to require login. Can you email me login details to support@generatepress.com?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try deactivating the Easy Smooth Scroll plugin to see if it’s conflicting?

Calvin

Hey Tom,

Have just deactivated ESS- issue still seems to be there.

Cheers
    Calvin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try now?

Calvin

Hi Tom,

Ah, now it’s working! Too bad though it only works with ESS deactivated. I guess I’ll have to decide what is more important to me…

I don’t suppose there is an easy fix for that eh?

Either way thanks for all your amazing help as always, I am constantly recommending GP to friends πŸ™‚

Calvin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try it with ESS activated – it might work πŸ™‚

Calvin

So I’ve just re-activated ESS- unfortunately not working πŸ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try deactivating it again – made a slight adjustment to the code.

Calvin

hm, now it behaves very weird. So now the menu closes upon clicking a link, links scroll when clicked, however they don’t scroll to anchors on the page, it seems they just take you to some random point on the page or to the very end.

When accessing links through the non-mobile menu the same issue occurs.

And while there is a smooth scroll when accessing from the menu, the same cannot be said from links access from the body of the page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ok, I think I’m done fiddling.

I built in a smooth scroll function into the menu closing function.

Let me know how it works πŸ™‚

Calvin

Hi Tom,

wow, the menu seems to be working now, thanks!!!

The issue resulting from this however is that the internal links accessed through the body of the page 1. don’t have the smooth scroll function now (only by accessing through the nav-menu), and 2. when clicking the links on the body, the navigation pane covers the header (e.g. when I click on the “Library” icon in Section 2 I am taken down to the “Organisationsberatung” section, however the navigation menu covers the header).

In the ESS settings I could enter an off-set to account for this. You seem to also have included some sort of off-set when accessing from the nav-menu, as the issue is not as pronounced (the header can be read, however the icon is still covered by the nav-menu). So, my final questions would be:

1. Is it possible to include smooth scrolling like you’ve implemented in the menu also in the body links while retaining your awesome menu-solution?
    2. If yes or no, how would I off-set the margin now covered by the navigation menu when accessing through body-links?
    3. Can the off-set when accessing through the nav-menu be increased a bit to show the icon at the top of each section?

When all this is done, I’ll have to buy you a very large cappuccino πŸ™‚

Cheers
    Calvin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, this is a tricky one.

Can you try re-activating ESS and see if it works with my code?

The problem is that the ESS plugin hijacks links with a hashtag and prevents any further functionality from happening which stops us from being able to close the mobile menu.

This is why I’ve built the smooth scroll into our function that closes the mobile menu,

If the two don’t work together I’m sure I can come up with something πŸ™‚

Calvin

Hi Tom,

just re-activated ESS – it seems to be conflicting, the menu won’t close on click when opened mid-way through the page.

Cheers
    Calvin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.