[Resolved] Mobile-Friendly Test – Child Theme CSS won't load

Home Forums Support Mobile-Friendly Test – Child Theme CSS won't load

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Filippo

Hi there,

I ran the Mobile-Friendly test on my website, and I got a “Page partially loaded” result.

I noticed some of the CSS files have been not loaded, including the CSS of my Generate Press Child Theme which contains important mobile optimizations.

I’m wondering if I can fix this issue by putting all the CSS of my Child Theme in the Customizer field “Additional CSS”?

P.S.: I’m using SG Optimizer, but will consider switching to Autoptimize, like suggested here: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i just ran the mobile friendly test and your site passed.
    When google performs these tests it allocates a finite number of resources, if your site test starts when those resources are low then it sometimes fails.

To reduce this from happening try combining JS and CSS files. Personally i would use Autoptimize to do this instead of SG Optimizer.

Filippo

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Do you have any recommendations about the options Combine CSS and Cache Dynamic CSS in Generate Press? Should I leave them active when using Autoptimize?

Many thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

When using Autoptimize i would leave the Cache Dynamic CSS option unchecked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.