- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by Leo.
June 14, 2018 at 2:17 am #599755Bernhard
Hi, I’m preparing to migrate from twentyfourteen to GP Premium. My question is, if I have to pay heed to something particular. Until now I looked at GP only in the preview and have observed, that the sidebars are different. The footer sidebar of 2014 appears as right sidebar in GP. I’m using the plugin “Content aware sidebar”, so I have also to reallocate this.
Furthermore I’ve seen that I can’t configure the premium functions in the preview but only with GP active.
My plan is to do an initial configuration in the preview and activate GP disabling all plugins.
As far as I understand, some of the plugins will no more be needed.
Most of the widgets I defined with the plugin Enhanced Text Widget by Boston Dell-Vandenberg, is this compatible with GP?
My impression is that I have to re-configure also the Menu, can I reactivate Max Mega Menu by Tom Hensley and WP Responsive Menu by MgniGenie for the beginning?
I’m using Polylang (and Lingotek), is there something particular to observe?
What about optimization: makes it sense to keep wp fastest cache premium and autoptimize, or is there something already in GP?
Thank youGP Premium 1.6.2June 14, 2018 at 9:55 am #600181LeoStaffCustomer Support
– Not sure what you mean by “Furthermore I’ve seen that I can’t configure the premium functions in the preview but only with GP active.”? Can you explain a bit more?
– GP should be compatible with all well coded plugins that are built to work with themes.
– The menu should migrate over no problem in it’s a WordPress menu:
– Polylang definitely works with GP and it’s one of our suggested translation plugin.
– Here are our optimization tips: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/
Let me know if this helps 🙂July 5, 2018 at 10:41 am #616397Bernhard
Hi Leo, I did the migration today and in fact it was very easy. The only issue I had was that the right sidebar in twentyfourteen is the left sidebar in GP. And I had to reallocate the widgets in the footer.
I was worried that I will need more time to configure the premium settings but at the end it was a question of some minutes to adapt widgets, colors and typographie.
Now I will go to optimize the settings and disable plugins which are no more necessary.
My compliments for the theme.July 5, 2018 at 12:39 pm #616536
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.