[Resolved] Merch Theme Questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Merch Theme Questions

Home Forums Support Merch Theme Questions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Math

Hi,

I have few questions regarding the Merch theme which shows up in the demo but doesn’t seem to work on my site (https://wonderkinder.co/tools-resources/awesome-places-to-find-free-high-quality-stock-photos)

1. Content width for a single blog post or a page is maintained at 680px in the demo, but my page is taking the full 1140px (minus the padding). How do I make it look like the demo?

2. On the demo, the category of the post is shown above the title. But it’s not showing up on my post.

3. The excerpt isn’t showing up on my post either.

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Merch uses several Hook Elements to create its single post layout as explained in this post:

https://gpsites.co/merch/the-single-post/

When you imported the site did you include the Content part of the import? If so those elements should be visible in Appearance > Elements

Math

Hi,

Actually I did excluded the Content the first time around. I went back and reapplied it and everything seems to be working now. Thank you.

Just one more thing, would it be possible to move the date above the featured image in the blog post?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edit the Hook Element named Single Post Entry Header. Then before the closing </div> add:

<time datetime="<?php echo get_the_date('c'); ?>" itemprop="datePublished"><?php echo get_the_date(); ?></time><span class="author-name" itemprop="name"> by <?php echo get_the_author_link(); ?></span>

Math

The hook works, but I meant moving the entire line with link to the author page when the user clicks on the name. Sorry, I should of clarified that.

i.e. January 5, 2020 by John

Math

Hi David,

Did you have a chance to read my request above?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oops sorry – i edited the code here and somehow didn’t update the post.

Math

Thanks David. Just one more item…I’m trying to change the colour of it and wanted to know how to call it in CSS. I don’t see a reference to a class.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edit this line:

<time datetime="<?php echo get_the_date('c'); ?>

To include your own class eg.

<time class="hero-date" datetime="<?php echo get_the_date('c'); ?>

Math

Closing this out. Thanks for the help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.