[Resolved] Menu ,footer & Post sizing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu ,footer & Post sizing

Home Forums Support Menu ,footer & Post sizing

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

No I tried that css it didn’t change the frame I think I’m just not explaining it right, my apologies I’m still a noob at css and graphic design lol. However what I mean is on the playstation site it appears as if there is a border like the one on my site but after taking a closer look it seems that the frame is actually transparent on the inside while the outside is the actual frame. For example: if you look at the pictures above my site has the black border that looks sort of like a rectangle with 2 sides however on the playstation site there’s the border but with only 1 side the other side is actually formed from the content inside the frame. So basically I’m trying to make just a frame around the site how I already have it but with the inner part that connects with the content and sidebar not being there if that makes sense. Again sorry for the explanation I’m new to this whole process.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think you’d want to wrap the entire site in a container so you could style it.

1. Open your container in the Before Header hook in GP Hooks:

<div class="whole-site-container">

2. Close your container in the wp_footer hook:

</div>

3. Add CSS to your new container:

.whole-site-container {
        padding: 30px;
        background-color: rgba( 255, 255, 255, 0.3 );
    }
    Aaron

I tried the code and this is what I was referring to, however how can I make it so the container is not extending above the header and menu bar at the top of the page? Also is there a way to change the container color? it looks like the container color is transparent

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just make it so there’s no padding on top:

padding: 0 30px 30px 30px; /* top, right, bottom, left */

You can change the background-color value to whatever you like.

Aaron

Well once again excellent support the code worked perfectly. Thank you again for your assistance both Tom and Leo.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.