Black Friday Sale! Get up to $30 off GP Premium! Learn more ➝

[Resolved] Menu ,footer & Post sizing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu ,footer & Post sizing

Home Forums Support Menu ,footer & Post sizing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

1. )I just started a website and used a css posted to add a border around the site however it effected the menu bar and the footer bar because now neither one has it’s own menu container. How can i make it so i keep the frame but keep the menu & footer bar containers?

2. How can i change the post sizes to a custom size instead of using the default sizing for post created?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Aaron,

1. Not quite getting what you meant…both menu and footer containers look fine to me?

2. Are you referring to the container size of your blog posts? Do you want different size for the blog posts than the rest of the site?

Aaron

Here is before and after pics , the menu started from the very top of the page however now there is space in between.. same for the footer instead of starting from the bottom there is space in between also the containers around the menus are no longer there

Aaron
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry those links are not working for me. It takes me to this page: http://s1383.photobucket.com/

Aaron

My bad wrong link Screenshot Before

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The navigation bar and the footer (copyright section) still have their own containers; they just have the same background colors as the border you added so it looks merged.
    If you go to Customizer > Colors > Primary Navigation and change the Background color to a different color than the border then you should be able see the container.
    Copyright would be in Customizer > Colors > Footer.
    Let me know if this is what you are after πŸ™‚

Aaron

Thanks you were right one more thing though how do you remove the border from the top and bottom of the page ? I only want the border on the sides

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can replace the CSS you’ve added with this:

.full-container {
        border-style: solid;
        border-width: 0 26px;
        border-color: #222222;
    }

Let me know if it works πŸ™‚

Aaron

It worked perfectly thank you for your help πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Aaron

I recently started doing css research on the border codes however I couldn’t figure out how to make the border so it’s more so just a frame instead of an actual border just like this site: http://blog.us.playstation.com/ if you notice there’s just the thin line on the left side of the page and a thin line on the right side instead of it actually being a rectangular border.. any clue on how this was done?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not quote sure what you meant again…I don’t see the thin line on the left/right hand side on that page?

Aaron

This is how the border looks on my site

The line creating the frame is just a straight thin line on the PlayStation site as you can see the border is different there’s only the outer part of the border instead of the outside and inside like the arrows are pointing to on mine PlayStation border

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try

.inside-footer-widgets .inner-padding {
        padding: 0px;
    }

Let me know if this is what you meant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.