[Resolved] Issues with removing imported sites

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issues with removing imported sites

Home Forums Support Issues with removing imported sites

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gloria

Hello,

I just bought the premium version today and imported the Liberte site. I decided to remove it and followed the procedure outlined in the forum .

I then tried to import the Charge site but it wouldn’t show/load. I tried to delete it but didn’t get the option to do so. Then I imported the Tasty site twice.

Now , i have some funny message showing on my site (attached below). Please, I need help to get back to my original site.

N.B: it’s a new site with demo content on it only. Only the name and tagline had been changed.

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry did you use the removing option to revert the imported site?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/removing-imported-site/

Do you still have access through the dashboard? If so can you try disabling all plugins except GP Premium?

Looks like Elementor and SG-Cachepress are the main issues here.

Gloria

Hi,
    Yes, I used the removing option the first time around. The option didn’t show up subsequent times.

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to my site anymore. This bug won’t let me enter my wordpress dashboard. What do I do now?

Also, sorry for the duplicate message. I’m a newbie and was getting frantic especially seeing as other people were getting answers and I wasn’t.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you ask your hosting support and see if they are able to restore the last backup for you?

If it’s a fresh install then it should be pretty easy.

Let me know 🙂

Gloria

Thanks. I was finally able to reach my backend and dashboard. I deactivated Elementor. Will I be able to reactivate it later on?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup of course!

Gloria

Ok. Thank you for your help. I’m still having an issue with superimposed sites. I’m using Article now but parts of Charge is still in there.

For instance,this page https://mumsinvited.com/blog/ contains some posts from Charge. Also, the page is not properly aligned. Similarly the Contact page.

Please, how do l resolve this? Thank you.

Gloria

Hello, please did you see my last question.

The problem only seems to be on mobile browser.

I’m anticipating your prompt response. Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

any posts that were left over from Charge would need to be manually deleted from the Dashboard > Posts list.

In regards to the misalignment on mobile, can you disable the SG Optimizer plugin – i believe this is messing with the CSS order, let me know once its disable so i can take a look.

Gloria

Thank you so much. It’s properly aligned now. Can I reactivate the SG plugin now?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can try re-enabling it. If the issue persists then i would recommend removing the plugin and following the optimization tips we provide here:

https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Gloria

Thanks David.

I did try re-enabling it but the issue persisted. I have since followed the instructions in the link you sent me. I’ve installed Autoptimize and have no issues with it.

Thanks again for your support.

Have a great day and stay safe!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help – you too!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.