[Support request] Infinite scroll not working on mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Infinite scroll not working on mobile

Home Forums Support Infinite scroll not working on mobile

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sam

We do not have a cache plugin. We are hosted on Kinsta so only have their server cache and then autoptimize. I have disabled autoptimize and purged the server cache and I am still getting the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK so i sounds like a conflict between the two scripts … although i have no idea what the Paypal payments would do to interfere here.

I am going to ask Tom to take a look.
    In the meantime is it worth asking the paypal plugin support on ‘excluding’ its scripts on Non Woo pages ?

Sam

OK right, at least we know what the deal is then. Hopefully Tom has an idea of what causing the conflict.

I will ask Woo, but the answer is likely to be less than helpful as I have asked before on a performance level and they just said that is the way it is… Both Paypal payments and the official Stripe plugin both load their scripts site-wide which is very annoying because the paypal loads a lot of scripts even when not needed which is not very good for performance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I know Stripe ‘needs’ to run site wide for security reasons, could assume that PayPal does too. I have passed onto Tom to take a look – lets see what he has to say.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Infinite scroll seems to be working for me at the moment. Can you confirm that the PayPal plugin is still activated?

Sam

Hi Tom that is strange as I just purged the server cache and loaded a fresh incognito window and it still doesn’t work for me. Sometimes I find you need to go a page or two in before it stops working.

Make sure to test it on a mobile device not desktop as that is where I see the issue. Desktop seems ok.

thanks
    Sam

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Aha, it works on mobile in developer tools, but not on my actual phone. That makes it a little harder to debug.

Just to try to narrow the error down – does it make any difference if you disable the masonry feature?

Sam

Hi Tom, yeah I tried that and it didn’t help. Only thing that works is pagination but I guess that is because it reloading the page.

The other funny thing is that I spoke to PayPal payments about loading the script on non woocommerce pages and they said to turn off the “buttons on mini cart” setting (we are using mini cart in our menus). However, even though the PayPal scripts are not loading on non-woocommerce pages the problem still remains.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I assume the Paypal is still active on the staging site ?
    This time when i tested the feed loaded – it happily loaded around 5 times before it stopped working.

Sam

Yes it is still active. I have seen that behaviour too. It might load a number of pages and then get stuck. However, there is no consistency as to how many.

Could it be causing some sort of resource/storage issue?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I shared the errors with Tom – hopefully it will give us some insight on the issue – we’ll keep you posted

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So it looks like the error is coming from the infinite scroll javascript itself – not our script that controls it.

My guess is that there is some sort of error in the PayPal plugin that is trickling down and causing the issue with infinite scroll. It would definitely be good to get their input on it.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.