[Support request] Infinite scroll not working on mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] Infinite scroll not working on mobile

Home Forums Support Infinite scroll not working on mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hello, I am seeing an issue where infinite scroll is not loading the next page, but only on mobile. Some times it will load page, 2 and no more, sometimes it won’t even load page 2. I have turned on the load more button which doesn’t help, that just spins.

I have cleared cache and tested on my staging site with everything except Woocommerce and GP premium enabled. I have also tried disabling child theme. Nothing seems to help.

I see a number of posts on this forum about this with various resolutions but I just cannot work it out on our site, can you take a look and let me know what you think: http://www.supereight.net

thanks

Sam

Actually, probably best if you check our staging site with everything turned off.

I have moved to pagination on our live site for the time being. See link in private area.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sam,

Are you using a child theme? If so, can you switch to the parent theme to test?

Let me know 🙂

Sam

Hi Ying, yes I tried that as well but disabling the child theme didn’t fix it.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you keep the parent theme activated so we can do some testing?

Sam

Ok I have activated the parent theme now.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can see your live site is using parent theme, but it’s not using infinite scroll, so we can’t test.

Can you make sure your staging site is switched to the parent theme as well? Thanks!

Sam

Sorry if you see the above message you can see I directed you to the staging site.

Live site is using child. Staging is using parent. Please look at staging.

I switched to pagination on live site as the infinite scroll is not working. So no point in testing that.

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Weird, I’m still seeing the child theme activated on your staging site:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/a0TL7tCP

Sam

Weird it is definitely on the parent.

I just purged the server cache. Maybe check now and use an incognito window?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s now switched to parent theme, there was some server cache before.

I tested on my iPhone and the infinite scroll is working now.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/CYsPNOtPYfSb

Give it a try on your phone 🙂

Let me know!

Sam

Try loading the next page. Page two worked for me but then gets stuck loading page 3.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i tested the staging URL on my iphone and i got to 7 or 8 Load mores and they all worked as expected.
    Have you tried in a different browser or on a different device ? Could be a caching issue.

Sam

Hi David, thanks for testing that! I think you are right. I did clear all caches but it seems it was caching a plugin conflict.

It took me ages to isolate the plugin but think I have found it! Whenever I activate “WooCommerce PayPal Payments” and purge the cache the issue comes back for me.

I have now activated that plugin again and cleared the cache so would you mind testing your end to see if you can see the issue now as I can see it?

If this is the cause we should work out whether it is GP or the Paypal plugin at fault as this is Woo’s official PayPal plugin so will have a large distribution and other users will certainly be impacted.

If we can say it is the PayPal plugin then I can follow up with them and have them fixed.

Honestly, this is quite annoying because that PayPal plugin has been full of bugs since it launched, I have personally pointed out a couple to them which they have now fixed. It would not matter so much if it wasn’t such a critical plugin for Woocommerce. I guess that is the problem when you outsource your development to a 3rd party.

Let me know what you find?

thanks
    Sam

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so thats not working and the infiite load is throwing a JS error.
    If you leave paypal payments enabled and disable and cache/optimization plugins – does the infinite load work ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.