Black Friday Sale! Get up to $30 off GP Premium! Learn more ➝

[Support request] Image Construing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Image Construing

Home Forums Support Image Construing

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Jetpack does a lot of things – including the lazyloading of your images.
    Disabling it would correct the problem your having. And WP 5.5 now has browser side lazy loading built in ( doesn’t work on Safari yet) you don’t need jetpack for that.

Personally i never use Jetpack 🙂

Adam

Is there a way to get a more direct form of contact?

You guys have been an incredible help, but I feel like it would be more beneficial to speak more directly (ie: phone or instant-messaging).

I didn’t realize how significant the support was from GP, and am insanely grateful for the little help I have already received!

I tried deactivating Jetpack, and the images were still not loading. Because of this, I reactivated it, because I want to make as little changes as possible, as not to screw things up even further.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately, we don’t have the resources for phone or chat support at this time – sorry!

Is there any way you can deactivate Jetpack just so we can take a look at why the images still aren’t loading without it?

Adam

Of course. Let me adjust that.

Adam

Alright. I deactivated the jetpack plugin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That image is 404ing still and thats with the URL to your own server.
    Can you replace that image ?

Adam

I can replace the image, I was just hoping to avoid replacing 100+ images on my site.

Especially without clear reason as to why it happened in the first place.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I cannot explain why your images have ‘broken’ Jetpack moved those images to its CDN and changings the image markup to suit – the Theme has no control over the changes it makes.

Have you spoken with Jetpack support as its down to their plugin that created the problem.

Adam

I have not, but I will look into it. Currently working with BlueHost techs as well to see if they can resolve anything.

Thank you for your help thus far.

Lastly, what would be my best route to take to make my website full mobile responsive?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems – sorry we couldn’t pinpoint the issue.

The theme itself is mobile responsive.
    I assume the issue is content related ?

If thats the case the raise a new topic and point out the mobile responsive issues you have and we can take a look.

Adam

Aright.

Thanks again David (and everyone else).

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.