[Support request] Image Construing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Image Construing

Home Forums Support Image Construing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Adam

I am running into several issues that may or may not be correlated..

First of all, on my homepage, I have a cover photo that I incorporated text overlay onto & a button overlay. The image itself is expanding further than the content box, and overlapping onto my sidebar.
    I have tried adjusting the settings between full-width, centered, wide, etc. and none of those options seem to correct the display.

Also, many of my images are no longer being displayed. I tried regenerating all thumbnails, and I receive the message saying that the original full size image cannot be found.
    When I switched over from a free theme to GP premium, I did not have this problem at first. When this problem arose, no new plugins or updates were added to my website.

And lastly, my content started as being shown the same on mobile as it is on desktop, which I prefer (as long as that is considered responsive). But now, everything seems to be stacked, and the sidebar I use is at the bottom of the page. Makes things look extremely unorganized. Does this have something to do with the images, or vice versa?

Appreciate any help I can get, as this is very frustrating after finally deciding to invest in a premium theme.

Here is my link: https://inadamsshoes.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Let’s tackle one issue at the time.

For the cover photo issue, give this CSS a shot:

.wp-block-cover {
        box-sizing: border-box;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Adam

Leo,
    Thanks for getting in touch!
    I took the additional CSS you provided and placed in the ‘Additional CSS Class(es)’ input under the Cover’s ‘advanced tab’. This did not change anything.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

where did you add the CSS?

Adam

I took the additional CSS you provided and placed in the ‘Additional CSS Class(es)’ input under the Cover’s ‘advanced tab’. This did not change anything.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That field is there so you can add a CSS Class name to that Block – its not for adding CSS rules.

Place the CSS in Customizer > Additional CSS

Let us know.

Adam

Wow!
    Apologies David, I am a complete beginner to this whole thing.
    I went in through the customizer, and was able to add the CSS. The cover is looking perfectly spaced now, thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No apologies necessary – theres a lot to take in 🙂
    We’re happy to help and glad to hear its resolved.

Adam

Any chances to get the other 2 issues mentioned knocked out as well?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like your site isn’t loading jQuery – GP doesn’t load it unless the Sticky Nav is enabled. But plugins that require it should load it.

Try adding this PHP snippet to your site:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'tu_load_jquery' );
    function tu_load_jquery() {
        wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
    }

Adding PHP: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Adam

How exactly do I go about adding a PHP snippet?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Adam

I downloaded the corresponding plugin, inserted the snippet, saved & activated the changes.

Still am not having my images load..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats fixed the jQuery error.
    The missing images are being served from the Jetpack CDN – or rather they are not being served as they’re responding with 404.

You may need ask jetpack support on how to repair them….

Adam

By removing Jetpack altogether, would that eliminate the problem?

I currently use both jetpack, and google analytics by monsterinsight; I know they are relatively the same thing, and some bloggers say jetpack slows things down astronomically.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.