[Support request] How to remove Menu That is not neccesary

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to remove Menu That is not neccesary

Home Forums Support How to remove Menu That is not neccesary

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mr Calvert,

But have anyway to remove that with function? I was upload with newest update and I see it still have comment tag:
    <!– #comment-## –>
    <!– .children –>
    <!– .comment-list –>
    <!– #respond –>
    <!– #comments –>
    I have page with 100 comment and it was show still 105 tag like this. Do it increase DOM too much?

I believe you’ve asked the same question here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-remove-comment-tag-not-necessary-like-commen/#post-1609009

While we don’t have something theme specific that removes these, you can always use PHP snippets like the ones provided on these articles:
    https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/292095/how-to-remove-html-comment-from-source
    https://www.tutdepot.com/remove-html-comments-in-wordpress/

But keep in mind: If the point of removing this was to gain performance, then you might as well just leave these alone as using snippets to remove them may actually be counter-productive because your actually adding extra work for the server.

It may be best to just wait and let Tom remove these on the future versions. 🙂

Mr Calvert

Hello! I have see Tom talk “We have been removing these slowly in our recent releases.” What does it mean? I was upload new version but not see that remove! I see Tom talk “We have been removing”!!!

Mr Calvert

Tom can help me explaind about that? That is mean new update remove function slowly (different function) or it was remove <!– #comment-## –>
    <!– .children –>
    <!– .comment-list –>
    <!– #respond –>
    <!– #comments –>
    I want to know exactly because I was try upload but it still not remove!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hello! I have see Tom talk “We have been removing these slowly in our recent releases.” What does it mean? I was upload new version but not see that remove! I see Tom talk “We have been removing”!!!

It means Tom is in the process of removing them but he’s not done. Removing these tags have to be done manually. It can’t be simply done overnight.

The other ones will probably get removed on the future versions.

We kindly ask for your patience as we tackle these kinds of things. Thank you.

Mr Calvert

Yes thanks you so much ^^! All best with you and team!!! Best support, thanks a lot you make my day!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes thanks you so much ^^! All best with you and team!!! Best support, thanks a lot you make my day!

No problem. We’ll make sure to mention it on the changelog when we’ve fully removed all of them. Please bear with us. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.