[Support request] Home page meta descrption shows in all blog post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Home page meta descrption shows in all blog post

Home Forums Support Home page meta descrption shows in all blog post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ravishankar

Actually there is a issue with my two website gyanitechraviji.com & gyanitechnews.com , Website home page descrption shows in all blog post. Please solve this problem.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not exactly sure what you mean. Can you explain a bit more?

I’ve checked the site’s home page for both of the links and they seem to be behaving like a normal blog page where it shows a list of posts with thumbnails and excerpts.

But perhaps I’m missing something. Can you point some things specifically?

Ravishankar

when a person search any topic in google like i search computer in google then google show many result. In this result google show topic title and his topic descrption. But in my case when search any keyword related to my post google show blog post topic title and home page descrption. until should show blog post descrption. These is issue regrading blog post descrption not show in blog post when search in google.

Example
    you search (essay on internet in hindi) in google

then you find my website that is gyanitechraviji.com

then you find issue in descrption like my blog post descrption will not show but show blog home page descrption.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Were you pertaining to this?
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/bLud2ygq

By default, the theme doesn’t generate meta title and descriptions. That’s coming from a SEO plugin you use.

I’ve checked your site and it’s generating duplicate meta title and descriptions. One from Rankmath and another from an unknown source. as shown here – https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAu0RnyG

You may have to disable some plugins to see which one is adding it.

Ravishankar

Actually I have added the home page meta descrption that is another one. I have addes the home page meda descrption in theme header section. that is show everywhere in post. That is the problem.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Actually I have added the home page meta descrption that is another one. I have addes the home page meda descrption in theme header section.

Can you share us how you’ve added it? It may be lacking the necessary condition for it to only be added to the home page.

If you’ve added it through PHP, you may have to wrap it with if( is_front_page() ){ //your code here } condition.

If you’ve added it through hook element, you’ll have to set the display rule condition to Front page.

Ravishankar

like this in head section.

<meta name=”title” content=”Gyanitechraviji – Be professional”>
    <meta name=”description” content=”Gyanitechraviji ब्लॉग में स्वागत हैं हिन्दी में Computer, Technology, Internet, Ms Office, Make Money, Tips & Trick और जरूरी जानकारी दी जाती हैं”>
    <meta name=”keywords” content=”gyanitech raviji, gyanitechraviji, ravijigyanitech, gyanitech”>
    <meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow”>
    <meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=utf-8″>
    <meta name=”language” content=”Hindi”>

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

There are different ways of how it was added in:

– Added through code snippets plugin (hooked to wp_head).
    – Added through child theme’s functions.php hooked to wp_head.
    – Added through child theme header.php template.
    – Added through GP Premium’s Hook Element wp_head.
    – Added through any plugin that hooks to footer or header (like Insert Header and Footer plugin)

Can you share how you’ve added that code in? So we can determine for you if adding conditions to it is possible.

Ravishankar

ok thank you. i will try these process.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

ok thank you. i will try these process.

Regardless of how you’ve added it, the basic idea is by adding the condition I’ve mentioned on my reply here – https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/home-page-meta-descrption-shows-in-all-blog-post/#post-2030732 – so the specific metadata will only be added on the specific page (home page).

Let us know how it goes. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.