[Resolved] h1 "entry title" Tag in page title – or double h1

Home Forums Support [Resolved] h1 "entry title" Tag in page title – or double h1

Home Forums Support h1 "entry title" Tag in page title – or double h1

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Derek

Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Mathias Will

I have the same Problem with the h1 Titel on my Mainsite.

How i make the header as a h1 tag and if i a read a articel its not a h1 tag.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not too sure what you mean – can you explain further?

mc208

Is this related to the post I made earlier?:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-rid-of-home-heading-betw-nav-menu-and-hero-image/

If so, I probably shouldn’t remove it, but it just kind of sits out in the middle of nowhere.

Sirish Paudel

Hi Tom!

Warm Greetings.

I use GeneratePress theme for My Personal Website

I want to add a custom H1 heading to my ‘About’ Page. But the theme automatically takes the page name as the H1 title.

<h1 class=”entry-title” itemprop=”headline”>About</h1>

It is against SEO best practice to have more than one H1 on each page. So, my question is: Is there anyway I can add an H1 heading that is not the Page name for my ‘About’ page. If so, how?

I would very much like the default H1 setting to be set as H2 for this particular page: <h1 class=”entry-title” itemprop=”headline”>About</h1>

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Why not just make the title of the page whatever you want it to be instead of just “About”?

Alternatively, you can disable the title using the “Disable Elements” metabox on the page, and then add your H1 to the content.

Let me know 🙂

Marshall

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help in this old thread, but I have a question about what you said here:

Alternatively, you can disable the title using the “Disable Elements” metabox on the page, and then add your H1 to the content.

Since this discussion is (sort of) about SEO, I want to inform everyone reading this that if you use CSS to hide the automatic H1, then create your own H1, you are making one h1 visible while there are still two h1s on the page (from the search engine’s perspective).

Tom, can you tell me if there is a way to find the relevant file, then clone it into a child theme and remove the h1 entirely? That way I can create my h1 in the place where I actually want it to be and have it say what I actually want it to say.

thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Using Disable Elements will completely remove the existing H1 from the page – it doesn’t use CSS to hide it.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.