[Support request] GPP Woocommerce Product Image Catastrophe

Home Forums Support [Support request] GPP Woocommerce Product Image Catastrophe

Home Forums Support GPP Woocommerce Product Image Catastrophe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nick

I’m still struggling with the Product Image Size problem that I’m having in the customize panel. I have two options – Thumbnail size and Main image size. The main image size doesn’t work. That means the image size does not physically change when I change the pixel size, it only reduces in resolution. The “happiness engineer” at woocommerce says it’s GP’s fault, and you guys say it’s Woo’s fault. Can someone please help me? I’ve been stuck for many, many days. Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Nick,

Looks like Tom was waiting for you to switch the theme back to GP: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-gpp-product-image-problems/#post-492697

I’ll let him know that you did and let’s continue the conversation in the previous thread.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The containers have a size set to them.

You can reduce the width of the image container like this:

.woocommerce #content div.product div.images, 
    .woocommerce div.product div.images, 
    .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.images, 
    .woocommerce-page div.product div.images {
        width: 20%;
    }

.woocommerce #content div.product div.summary, 
    .woocommerce div.product div.summary, 
    .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.summary, 
    .woocommerce-page div.product div.summary {
        width: 70%;
    }
    Nick

Hi Tom – I don’t really know how to use code, or where to put it. Would I have to do this every time I add a product image? That seems like a lot of work. Does this mean GP is not compatible with woocommerce?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Nick,

You only need to add it once. You can use one of the methods here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

GP is compatible, it just doesn’t have an option to change the width of the image container on single products yet.

Hilda

I have the same problem, the main product image on the product page does not appear … and insert the css code that Tom proposes with the simple css plugin and it still does not work

Nick

Hilda – I added the css code by opening the customize panel and selecting the additional css option which did change my image size, but the image remained heavily pixelated and the page itself was not aligned properly. I’m sure the problem could be fixed by writing additional code, but that’s only useful for web developers, and I’m just a DIY kinda guy. Tom, will there ever be an update for GPP that fixes this crucial problem, or should we look for a different theme? I absolutely love GPP, but it doesn’t work very good with Woo. Thanks…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hilda – the image doesn’t appear at all? That sounds like a different issue – any chance you can open a new topic and link me to the page?

Nick – we will be addressing this issue in a future GPP update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.