[Resolved] GP Premium Customizer load problems on SpinupWP server

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium Customizer load problems on SpinupWP server

Home Forums Support GP Premium Customizer load problems on SpinupWP server

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good to know, and now for the last test. What happens if you deactivate all of them, then activate each of those problem modules one at a time?

This will tell us whether it’s something inside one of those modules, or if those modules are simply putting the server over the top when it comes to memory.

Dimitris

Great recommendation! I followed what you told me activating each of these 4 one by one having deactivated the rest and Customizer seems to work properly. What should I try next in order to take advantage of the full feature set of GP Premium?

Just to let you know I tried Nexcess with everything activated and I noticed the PHP memory limit was an astonishing 2GB and I still had load problems.

I have switched back to a fresh Linode server on SpinupWP which has 64MB of default memory limit. Just to let you know I had the same problem even when I had it at 128-256 MB.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So if it’s not actually the module, it likely means there’s some sort of PHP memory issue on the server. As each module is activated, it will take up more PHP memory, so if the issue happens only when they’re all activated, that’s likely what you’re having trouble with.

The actual GP modules take up very little PHP memory (they’re not doing anything super complex), so I’m assuming there’s something going on with the server itself. It could also be another plugin/function you’re using that’s eating up all of the memory.

If there’s a way to list your memory usage (there are WP plugins for this), it would be good to see what it’s at with no plugins active. Then see how it changes as you activate your plugins (and GP modules). This should help narrow it down a bit.

Dimitris

The good thing from our conversation is that it’s like a server configuration issue. I will head for some support that knows more about this than me.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I’m super excited to start building with GP Pro + GP Blocks. Once I figure this out I will go for my 5 star review. Can’t wait what Blocks will bring into the mix!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem. If you’re able to use something like New Relic on your server, it may help point to the specific function using up too much memory.

Thank you! Big things planned for GB and GP together 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.