[Resolved] GP Premium 1.2.94 update break my content.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium 1.2.94 update break my content.

Home Forums Support GP Premium 1.2.94 update break my content.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear! Thanks for updating us 🙂

Sergey Sushkov

Hi, Tom.

I have the same problem as described here. Having read this thread, I still don’t understand how you solved the problem in the end.

My problem has the following special aspects:
    – After I updated GP theme everything worked fine. The issue appeared after updating premium add-ons. I have Visual Composer installed and two popular add-ons to it (Ultimate and Sike Extensions). I have noticed that “lightbox” and “figure navigation” stopped working in Sike Extensions, and in the Ultimate add-on the problem was with Smooth Scroll (yes, Ultimate add-on has Smooth Scroll :))
    And these issues are only what I have spotted for now (there could be more).

As in the thread mentioned above, the problem with GP Premium lies in MENU PLUS. If I deactivate it, everything is fine.

I use WP Rocket and other minify plugins. I tried to deactivate all of them – doesn’t work. I installed another caching plugin (WP Fastest Cache). Still doesn’t work.

Perhaps, the problem lies in this:
    (Header and Footer moved to functions)
    The instruction reads: “you can easily move them or unhook them if necessary”. I don’t really understand how I can move and unhook them. Could you clarify for dummies? If you think my problem is not caused by this, could you tell me what it is then?

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Sergey,

A JS file was removed from Menu Plus, and the functions inside that file were replaced elsewhere.

However, if the site files are cached, those files will still call the functions in the file that no longer exists, causing a JS error.

You need to clear all of your caching plugin, Cloudflare, server side caching etc..

After doing that, the issue shouldn’t exist anymore.

Sergey Sushkov

Hi, Tom.

I did everything you said:
    – I cleared cache of DB cache
    – As I said, I have WP Rocket. In its settings I was able to clear the cache of the following: Purge OPcache, Clear CloudFlare cache, Preload cache, and of course WP Rocket cache.
    – As a backup, I went to CloudFlare directly and cleared cache there
    – I have a few other caching plugins that deal with minor cache clearing not covered by WP Rocket. I cleared everything I could in them as well.
    – All of the above didn’t work!!!
    – Finally, I decided to check your idea on a newly created page. On this page I placed a lightbox with a YouTube link via Visual Composer and its Ultimate add-on. With this lightbox the problem was the same as I described in my previous post (redirect straight to YouTube without opening on the same page). Also, as before, Smooth Scroll doesn’t work.

So what do I do now? I really want to be able to install all your future updates, but I can’t manage without Visual Composer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to one of the problem pages?

Sergey Sushkov

https://russiantutora.com/ Please also look at the space next to the calendar. When you hover over each ‘step’, a rectangular field should jump up, but right now it’s not happening.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You have a javascript error in one of your plugins: https://www.screencast.com/t/yX82mKLsy

Try deactivating that plugin (arprice) and see if it fixes the issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.